Chapter 3

After the Phantomhives left, mother went up to her room. Edward and Father played chess. The servants cleaned the manor. Paula and I went upsatirs.

We went to the bathroom and I stripped off my clothing and took the bows off from my hair. Paula prepared warm water and bubbles on the tub. Once it was warm enough, I submerged my body in it. Paula started washing my hair.

"Paula, how hard is it to be lady-like and a genius with swords at the same time?" I sighed and looked at my reflection in the water.

Paula didn't know how to respond to that. After all, she's never been through any of that. I really am nothing like other ladies.

"M-Milady, I am but a maid, I do not know how to respond to your question. However, if you want my opinion, I guess what you're going through is rough." Paula said.

After a few minutes in the bath, I got out and Paula dried me up. I put on my night gown and went straight to bed.

"Goodnight Lady Elizabeth." Paula said holding a candle.

"Goodnight Paula." I said, Paula blew the candle and went downstairs. I bet she went down to watch my brother play chess. That Paula.

I was dreaming about sweets and before I knew it, drifted off to sleep.

"Milady, It's time to wake up!" Paula's voice cheered through my half-asleep self. The first thing I saw when I woke up was Paula's smiling face.

"We need to get down now Milady! The Marquis, Marchioness and your brother are waiting for you!" Paula shook me.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up. Paula opened the window.

"Isn't it a wonderful day milady?" She asked inhaling the sweet scent of the flowers outside.

"It sure is Paula!" I smiled at her.

"Let us start the day first with your breakfast with your family!" Paula clapped.

Even this early in the morning Paula's energy is up. She tries her best to make me happy, I should be grateful!
Paula and I went downstairs Paula went outside to help with some housework and I sat on my chair next to Edward.

"Good morning Elizabeth." Mother greeted.

"Good morning Lizzie." Father said after.

"Good morning Lizzie!" Edward shouted.

"Good morning father, mother, Edward." I said.

We had chicken curry with mashed potatoes and some garlic bread. For the beverages, I had milk and honey instead of Jasmine tea like everyone else.

"Today, we're having Ciel come over for fencing, Elizabeth will watch and Edward is going back to Weston Collage later in the afternoon." Mother told father.

"Can I at least stay for the afternoon to watch Ciel with Lizzie?" Edward asked.

"No, it will be your fourth year at Weston, am I correct? You need to become a good student to become a prefect at Weston next year. For that to happen, you'll need a perfect attendance." Father replied drinking some of the green jasmine tea.

"Y-yes father." Edward replied.

Ciel is going to fence soon? I hope he'll become strong. Strong enough to protect me.

The rest of breakfast went along quietly. After eating, I went up to my room and was greeted by a cleaning Paula.

"Hello milady, I was just cleaning the room for when you come back. I almost forgot to dress you!" I giggled at Paula who just smiled dumfounded and scratched her head.

"What would milady like to wear today?" Paula asked looking through the wardrobe.

I sat down on the vanity chair and looked at my curly hair in the reflection.

"Hmmm, what about something silver with black bows and glitter?" I suggested.

"Alright milady! Before that, I'll call Yvette to do your hair and makeup." Paula said running down the hall.

Yvette is one of Paula's juniors. Paula is my maid, who's been with with me since she was just fifteen years old. I was only ten years old when she started to help me with my clothes, hair and almost everything! This is when we decided to hire Yvette, one of Paula's younger cousins who's good at makeup and hairstyles. She's the one of the only ones in the lower class sections of England who can actually do my hair and makeup perfectly. What to expect from a person from Paula's helpful bloodline?

"Yvette! Kindly help milady with her hair and her makeup!" Paula was shouting in the hallways reaching the servants rooms.

"R-right away Ms. Paula!" Yvette said running to my room with Paula. I can hear their footsteps and their voices loud and clear. Those two really are from the same bloodline.

"G-Good day to you milady." Yvette curtsied as she entered the room.

"Hello Yvette! Its really nice having my hair done by you!" I giggled at her, to her response she smiled.

This is why most of my maids are taken from Paula's bloodline.

Paula was looking through the wardrobe and Yvette was re-curling my hair. Don't get me wrong, my hair is naturally curly, but to get my signature look, I have to re-curl my hair a bit. It might sound weird, but my hair has to be perfect!

"Aha! Found it! Is this the one you were looking for milady?" Paula looked through the waistline of the flufy dress, she was hardly even seen.

It was a very puffy silver dress with black lace and bows, and it had glitter on its skirt.

"Its perfect Paula!" I clapped my hands.

Forgetting about my hair, I accidentaly tilted my head to the side, causing my hair to tug on Yvette's hands.

"M-milady! Please stay still! Your hair will get ruined!" Yvette said, not tugging my hair back causing it to fall from her fingers.

"Sorry Yvette! I'll stay still next time, for now can you tie my hair without the re-curling? I want to see what it looks like in my silver dress!" I said.

"Yes milady." Yvette let go of all my hair strands and tied them into something else.

Clumsiness is accepted in the Midford house. Everything seems to be normal here! For me, anyway.