Where She Went

It was only a few years later that word went out that Uchiha Itachi had slaughtered the whole Uchiha clan in one night.

Namikaze Minako didn't keep her promise to Itachi. She hadn't kept in contact. But he did. He sent her letters every month of updates. She never replied. Scared to burden him from the life she was now living.

No longer in Akatsuki, Minako had ran to hide in a non-Shinobi village far far away from everyone.

She knew what had happened to Itachi, why he had to do it. He had kept his promise with her, protect Sasuke, and protect Konoha. But he broke promises too. He did something risky.

A month after news had spread, a letter arrived at her village from Akatsuki and Itachi.

Itachi had joined Akatsuki, in search of Minako and a double spy for Konoha.

Nagato had promised her to not tell anyone about her whereabouts ever since she told him she wanted to resign. He accepted it, for realizing she was way too young for this. He had found her the village to hide in safety. She was grateful.

The letter from Akatsuki was written by her mother figure, Konan. She told Minako what was happening around in the Shinobi world and how much everyone missed her. Especially Sasori, whom she had become close to over the years.

Sasori was known as the most distant and silent Akatsuki member, but towards Minako, he was a warm, soft and fuzzy older brother who needed as much love as she did. She was one of the only people to see his real face in Akatsuki, and boy she liked it.

He looked so alike to her mother sometimes because of his red flaming hair. She remembered him making her parents to be his puppets so she could see them one last time. She was so grateful.

Then Minako had opened Itachi's letters, which had contained letters from the past 3 months.

Her hands were trembling as she read it.

His hand writing as neat as ever. His signature curvy and beautiful.

The last letter, the most recent one, made her drop on her knees.

My heart is still yours. Is yours still mine?

Itachi