Part 2: Don't Fall for Me

Comenzar desde el principio

I walked over to the couch and pinched his arm. He whacked my hand away.

"Wow, you've really done it this time, Eve. Ryker doesn't seem like the forgiving type. You'll have to watch your back. I'll be your bodyguard," he said, proudly pointing at his chest as he puffed it out.

I flicked my wet hair over my shoulder and told him that I could handle myself. He just kept laughing.

I sat next to him on the couch and turned on the TV. I was done with this conversation and any talk that involved Ryker.

We watched a sci fi movie and ate popcorn. We made fun of the lame graphics like we always did.

This was why Xander was my best friend. He always knew how to cheer me up and I was grateful.

He left shortly after the movie. My mom came in the living room as I was getting ready to go upstairs.

"You know that boy loves you, right?" She asked.

"Duh, I love him, too. That's why we're best friends," I answered.

"That's not what I mean, Eve," she said.

I rolled my eyes, saying, "Whatever."

My mom thought Xander was in love with me. I knew he wasn't. He's had a few girlfriends before, but never stayed with them for long. I've tried to get him on a date with this cute sophomore girl because he's told me he likes her. It hasn't worked out yet.

I let those thoughts drift off as I went upstairs. I was spent.

I fell asleep once my head hit the pillow.

~*~*~*~

Sunlight streaked through the window, right on my face. I rolled over, covering my head with my pillow to block out the light.

I so did not want to get up and go to school. Especially not after that whole humiliating event that happened yesterday.

Eventually, I got up and changed my clothes. I put on a black hoodie with a pair of jeans and converse.

My mom wasn't home again this morning because she was at work. I ate a hurried breakfast, and drove to school on Ryker's motorcycle.

I sped into the school lot just as the bell rang, signaling the start of first period. Great. I was late for English.

I ran to my locker, quickly dialing the combination. I yanked out my textbook and slammed the locker shut. I ran to my class.

I was out of breath by the time I reached the door. I took a few deep breaths before opening it.

"Nice of you to join us, Ms. Cross," Mr. Duncan said.

I nodded, and headed to my seat next to Xander. I held my head up in my hands while I sat down as Mr. Duncan continued his lecture.

A folded piece of paper landed on my desk. I shot a look at Xander who seemed oblivious.

I gingerly unfolded the note and read it.