8 | What's The Temperature?

-(Temper in media). Hey.. I changed the name of the chapter, so pls don't be confused!! And this is unedited, so there may be a few mistakes. Enjoy tho.

____

- Queen's P.O.V. -

"Don't leaveee meeeeee!" Rain whined, tugging on my shirt.

I fixed my shirt, groaning in the process. "I'm not leaving you! I'm coming back in a few hours. We can do something tonight since its Friday." I stated, walking to grab up the baby and my backpack.

This was the time of the day I hated most. Leaving Rain at home... alone. She would always blow my phone up during class, and unfortunately I loved her for it. Rain had been here for a week and today was finally Friday. She was going back on Sunday, so we have to do something. We would go to the mall or out to eat like every other night.

"You can't just skip one day of school?" She furrowed her eyebrows.

"No. I'm not you. We go over this everyday. You know how Mama is. We already not on the best of terms." I was not like Rain--skipping school when she pleased and still somehow passing.

"Fine. Fine.. But don't say you're not trinna be like me. I'm fucking independent. I don't need anybody."

"So then that means you don't need me?" I asked, then ran out of the room laughing.

"Nigga, getcho ass back here!" I heard feet padding behind me, but hopefully those two years in track in Junior high will pay off.

"Hell no, nigga!" I laughed loudly, without my feet missing a beat. "Tell my brothers and sister to have a great day!" I hurried through the door and got to my car. Then I realized I didn't have my keys.

"Damn it." I cursed violently. I heard chuckling by the door, and the jingle of keys. I sighed heavily as I turned to a highly amused Rain.

"Gimme my keys!" I demanded, trying to snatch them from her grasp.

"You gotta beg for it."

"What?" I frowned.

"Or kiss me." She tapped her chin, my eyes growing wide.

"Oh helll-" Rain cut me off, laughing.

"I'm kidding. Take your shit." She threw the keys at my chest, and I caught them quickly. I turned away and I felt a sharp sting on my ass.

"Ouch! Heifer what was that for?!" I semi-yelled, while grabbing my ass.

She chuckled. "Have a good day, ma."

"Fuck you! I'm not a ma!" I scowled at her, getting in my car. Rain was acting a little too friendly, lately.

•••

"Party?" I looked at Kay kind of crazy.

"That's what I said." She nodded.

"Look, I'm already stretching it with my mom right now. You think she's gonna be feeling a party?"

"Tell her you're going over a friends house."

"My mom isn't that easy."

"I can make it convincing." She smiled.

"How?" I furrowed my eyebrows, doubtfully.

"Cause I'm Kayla, duhh. Don't worry about it. You can give your mom my older cousin's phone number and any time your mom calls my cousin Asia she can just act like we're just up in my room doing gay teenager shit. You know?"