[1]

Hey! As of writing this, my MikaYuu fanfic 'wonderwall' has 3.3k reads,and tbh I didn't think anyone would want to read that shit. I've kind of shipped YuuYoi for a while but from a distance, so I thought I would write a fic about them! The events in this take place about a month after Mika's death (whoops spoilers). You don't have to go read that shit, though. (I didn't like how I ended it so I'm altering it slightly oops) Anyway, enjoy!

Yuu's POV

I stare at the roof blankly, dressed in only a pair of shorts. It's about 8am as of now, on a Tuesday. At least, I think it's Tuesday. My body is weak as I listen to the faint ticking of my analogue clock. Minutes pass slowly nowadays. My body is numb and I cannot bring myself to sit up, despite knowing I have to go to school soon. I like to think how I'm feeling right now is like being stuck in a deep hole, and every time I make an attempt to climb out the dirt gives way beneath my hands and I sink even further. At this point, I have stopped attempting to climb when I know that it will be in vain. 

"Yuichirou," I twist my head slightly to glance at the door where the director is stood, a sympathetic smile across her lips. "Would you like me to drive you to school?" I nod. Maybe it'll take my mind off of him if I'm in an enclosed space with someone. Surely she'll make conversation. I sit up reluctantly and reach for my uniform that is stuffed down the side of my mattress. I slip on the creased shirt, blazer, trousers and tie and swing my legs around my bed ready to stand. 

~

It's been a while since I've been to school. I sit in the passenger seat of the mini-van, resting my head in my hands, watching the trees and other children pass by as we drive. 

"How are you feeling?" The director asks, breaking the silence. 

"Okay."

"Yuu, you can't carry on like this. I know he was like a brother to you but he wouldn't want you to be sad all of the time. You need to try to be happy." It isn't that simple. If I could just 'try to be happy' don't you think I would? Of course, I wont say this to her face.

"I'll try."

~

"Have a good day, Yuichirou," The director waves her hand, smiling as I close the door and walk into my school. I look around for a desolate spot to stand in while I wait for class. My eyes lock on an area and I begin to walk towards it. 

"Yuu-kun!" A soft voice calls from behind me. I turn to discover Yoichi running towards me, worry across his face. He comes to a halt and wraps his arms around my waist. "You're back!" 

"Yeah," I reply, avoiding looking at him. He steps back clasping his hands behind his back, looking at my curiously. 

"Is Mika better yet?" I look down at the brunette swiftly as he mentions the name of the one I love. I haven't said nor heard his name in a while. My mind goes back to that night. The beautiful song, the kiss we shared, and then...then his body going limp. Before I know it, I can feel hot tears running down my cheeks, stinging as they drop off my chin. Yoichi steps back, his eyes wide with realisation. I see the tears welling up as he goes in for another hug.

"I'm so..so sorry, Yuu-kun. I didn't know," his voice is trembling as he do desperately tries to hold back his tears. "I can't...I can't believe it..." I bite my lip, trying to stop myself from crying any more. Yoichi takes a step back and reaches his hand up, using his thumb to wipe away my tears. As the liquid begins to drain, my sight becomes cleared and I look at him. His hands are warm against my cold flesh. I grab his wrists gently and let his arms fall by his side, before wiping my face with my sleeve. 

"I'm okay, honestly."