Chapter 3 ~ The Concert

Chapter 3 ― The Concert

I haven’t stopped thinking of her in all these days. I try, but I can’t. She is so different, so extraordinary and I don’t know, I’m just drawn to her. The thought that I’ll see her again soon makes me all happy and I can’t wait for the moment she’ll tell us she is here, waiting for us to go and get her. The lads asked me why I invited them so suddenly and I just told them I like them. Phebs and Belle are really cool, but I have to be honest, I was only thinking of spending more time with Alex when I invited them to our concert. I don’t tell the lads this because I don’t want them teasing me or telling me I’m crazy for fancying a girl like Alex. I mean, it’s obvious I have a crush on her, I can’t even fool myself. I really want to get to know her better.

When we finally go for the girls, Alex doesn’t really look happy and I start to get worried. What if she accepted only because of her friends and she doesn’t want to be here? What if she doesn’t like us at all?

“You okay?” I ask her because I’m really worried. She nods, but I can’t believe her. “Really? You don’t seem okay, you look kind of sad, Alex. You can talk to me.” I really want her to trust me.

“It’s just… it’s just I feel like I’m stealing one of those girls’ dreams. I mean, I’m not a fan but I’m here with you and, I dunno, it doesn’t feel right,” she replies looking down and I small smile escapes to my lips. She feels bad for others, not because she is here against her will. She is sweet and thoughtful.

“Oh, don’t think like that!” I blurt out, placing my arm over her shoulders and bringing her close. “We can be friends with whomever we want, it doesn’t matter if she is a fan or not. So you don’t have to be a fan to hang out with us.” She meets my eyes and her smile is kind of shy, doubtful.

“Even though, I feel bad for them.”

“If you want to make it better, you can pretend to be a fan so they won’t think it’s unfair,” I suggest because all I want her is to be happy while she hangs with us.

“No offence, Niall, but I rather not.” It really doesn’t offend me that she says that, I know already Alex’s style is very different. “See what I’m wearing? I like this one better.” She points at her Bon Jovi top she is wearing, and I smile. I love Bon Jovi.

“I like it, too,” she looks very surprised when I say that. “What? Is it too weird for me to like Bon Jovi?” She nods at my words. “Oh, that hurts! What did you think? That I just listened to Justin Bieber?” I dramatise making her smile wide. Yeah, we all know I like Justin Bieber and I have no problem accepting that, but I also like other kinds of music. Not only pop.

“Pretty much.” I fake she has hurt me with her words and this time she laughs. “Sorry?” I hug her again. I like to do that, she feels great next to me.

“I like different kinds of music, not only pop. Don’t judge by what you see.”

“Guess I’ll have to know you better so I won’t hurt you again with my words.” I can’t help the smile on my lips when she says that. Knowing her better is all what I wanna do.

“That’s the idea,” I whisper and I know she has heard me but then Zayn interrupts us so she can’t ask me anything about it.

Then we just hang out in the dressing room, getting to know each other a bit better. The lads get along with Belle, Phebs and Alex perfectly and they are really funny. This time Alex doesn’t avoid me and we talk a lot, but I notice how she loses her smile in a moment and her eyes show deep pain. I don’t like seeing her like this and I feel this urge in my chest telling me to do something about it. To make her happy again.

“You okay?” I ask her once again and I know I’ve snapped her out of her thoughts. “You look a bit down again. Do you want something?”

“I’m okay. I was just thinking of something. Nothing important,” she replies with a smile but I don’t need to know her for my whole life to know that that smile is not honest. I’ve seen her smiling happily and when she does, her eyes sparkle, they look greener and more beautiful. This smile doesn’t reach her eyes.

“I don’t think it wasn’t important if you had that look, Alex.” I say because I know she is lying. I can see it, I can feel it and I want her to trust me and tell me what’s going on.

“Don’t worry, Niall,” she asks me. “I’ll be okay. Better show me what you do whilst waiting for the show to start.”

I don’t want to let it drop, but I don’t want to push her. We’re just getting to know each other and I don’t want to cross the limits. So I push the topic aside, hoping one day she will trust me enough to tell me if she is not feeling okay.

Later we have to go on stage and the girls to their seats. My eyes go to Alex all the time and it’s great to see her enjoying the show, dancing, and jumping. Even screaming! And then when she tells us she likes what we do I feel like I’ve accomplished something really important today. We’re all so excited after the show and when we invite them to go out with us, I’m even happier because they agree. The longest I can spend with Alex, the better.

I try to stay with her all the night and we talk a lot. I tell her many things abut my life and she tells me about hers. I want to know everything. What she likes, what she hates, what her dreams are, what she is doing now. Everything! She is just so unique. She has strong convictions and she is a real geek. She is even studying programming at uni! She totally hates Windows, though, and it’s funny how she complains about the OS. I’m not sure what that is, though.

We also dance but mostly, we talk. And it makes me feel important that I make her laugh so much. We get along and I know she is having a good time. I know we’re getting closer. I still have to have in consideration that she just ended a relationship, so I have to be patient, but I really like her. She is just so special.

In a moment, Belle comes looking for Alex.

“Here you are!” Belle says popping up from nowhere. “We were looking for you and here you are, kidnapped by a popstar.” When the blue-eyed girl says that I can’t help but blush. I know I’ve monopolised Alex this night. “We have to go. It’s really late” I check my watch and it’s actually late. I didn't feel the time passing by.

“Oh,” she says and I really don’t want her to go. Not yet. I’m having such a great time.

“Wanna come tomorrow to my flat? We’re gonna do something with the lads and we’d love to have you all there,” I ask her, determined to spend more time with her.

“I…” she mumbles and I’m afraid she’ll decline. I stare right into her eyes, trying to coax her to accept. “I’ll call you tomorrow, okay?” She says instead and I can’t help feeling disappointed. I really, really want to see her again. As many times as I can.

I know we look nothing alike, but we get along, she is funny, sweet, carefree, witty and with a sense of humour that goes perfectly with mine. She is not that different from me, no matter how she looks. And if you ask me, I really think she is hot, no matter what she wears. In fact, all this punk style suits her perfectly, I really can’t see her with other style anymore. She wouldn’t be Alex.

 “Bye, Niall,” she says standing up and then leaning down to kiss my cheek ever so softly when she stands up. I take her hand as if with that I can stop her from leaving. “See ya soon.”

“See ya,” I whisper letting go of her hand.

I sigh. I really, really want to see her again.

-:-:-:-

Thank you so much to those who are giving like to my friend Maquita's picture on facebook for the concert contest. It means the world to me. And if you haven't liked it, the link is on the external link at the sidebar. I'd love you 5ever if you help!

Talking about facebook, I have a page there now! http://facebook.com/BelWatsonBooks so you can give like there and share your thoughts and stories if you want.

Dedication to @HollyHoranTomlinson for that really excited comment.

Bel, xx