Chapter 12 ~ Our First Date

Chapter 12 ― Our First Date

How happy can one person be? Seriously. People say I’m always smiling and that I’m a happy-go-lucky lad, but they haven’t seen me this happy. I can’t stop smiling even if I try. Everything feels perfect and I can’t wait to take Alex on a date. I’m still so ridiculously happy because she likes me back, because she didn’t turn me down this time and we’re actually going out.

Who has two thumbs and is an extremely lucky leprechaun? This guy!

I hear constant teasing, especially from Harry. Zayn keeps distance and he looks at me with envy and defeat, knowing that I got Alex. He doesn’t need to tell me that he has strong feelings for her; it’s obvious. I don’t blame him, Alex is amazing and I’m so lucky she has feelings for me, too. A part of me feels bad for him. I don’t know how strong his feelings are, but I know I wouldn’t like to be in his place.

For my date with Alex I made reservations in a nice Italian restaurant, and not only for the two of us. I made sure to make reservations for a whole area of the restaurant, so we can have our privacy and no one will bother us. I want this night to be perfect but simple at the same time. Alex is not the kind of girl who likes to bring attention upon her, she likes simple things.

I’m very nervous before the date and I check my reflection many times. I pick a dark outfit, jeans, black shirt and a blazer and Harry is with me, telling me I look okay and I should stop fidgeting.

“I just want this night to be perfect, Harry,” I tell him, looking at him through the mirror. The lad is sprawled on my bed like the lazy fuck he is.

Harry rolls his eyes at me. “I know Alex and how much she likes you. Seriously, I don’t know why it took you both so long. Anyways, she likes you and she only wants to spend time with you, so anything will be fine. Just be yourself and things will go smoothly,” he advises and I nod, but I still have a lump in my throat. “Just treat her nicely. She had bad luck, you know? All her previous boyfriends were arseholes and she deserves more.”

“I’ll treat her the best, like a real princess,” I promise, turning around to meet his eyes. “I’ll do everything to make her happy.”

“Then you have nothing to worry about, Nialler,” Harry winks at me jumping off my bed and walking up to me. “Now my little grasshopper, time to go for your princess. And don’t tell Alex I said that or I’ll die.” We both laugh as I take a last glimpse at my reflection and leave the room.

Harry is with me and I glare at him, but he only shrugs and he even knocks at the door. I don’t remember inviting him. But I forget all about that when Belle opens the door and I can see Alex.

“Oh my, you look hot!” Harry says and that’s an understatement. She looks beyond gorgeous and so Alex-like. With a mini skirt, black tights, a black top and a leather jacket with grey hoodie, and of course, her combat boots. She is wearing a tight ponytail that enhances all her features and her dark yet simple makeup. She looks breath-taking and at the same time like a badass. She looks perfect.

And I’m going on a date with her. Again, who’s a lucky lad?

“What are you doing here, Styles?” Belle asks as Alex grabs her purse and walks up to me. I have to remind myself to breathe.

“I was sad and bored in my room,” he says, the same reason he gave me when he knocked at my door. “So I decided to go to Niall but he was getting ready and didn’t pay attention to me, so I came with him here hoping you two would open your arms and adopt me tonight.” Incredibly, the puppy eyes work and both girls, Belle and Phebs hug him.