Chapter 5: Daily training

Denis pov:

Awakenedevil, Dscore and I walked towards our small arena we built. It isn't much but we can fit ourselves in it. It was where we did our daily training. Sometimes other friends of mine would join us, but today, just us. The way it works is we all put our names in a bucket, and the two people drawn will fight each other until one of them gets dropped to 10% health or lower. The rest of us sits back and tries to learn from what they do. Last time, it was me and Dscore. He had no monster soul so he was crushed and he said that he was going to get one. So I don't really know what to expect now. The three of us put our names in and the fighters were....Awakenedevil and me.

We got into the arena, Dscore on the sidelines and Awaken and me in the battlegrounds. "Ready to lose?" I asked sarcastically. Friendly taunting. "Don't think I'll go easy on you." Good. I want a fair fight.

"RUSH" I charged with my rapier and my light wooden shield.

"SHIELD BREAKER" She swung her giant ball and chain and struck my shield with great force, knocking me back. My character doesn't have a high Constitution so I won't last long against heavy hits from a weapon like that.

"SPIKE SMASH" She extended the chain and swung the spiked ball downwards. I rolled and the ball left a small crater in the ground. I jumped up and this time...

"FLAME BOMB" I threw an abnormally large ball of fire in her direction.

"SMASH" She swung the spiked ball at the firebomb. It exploded before reaching her, and then I leapt out of the smoke and struck her with my rapiers twice. My rapiers both have an enchantment. One holy to kill evil things, and one unholy to kill good things that are under bad control. I can wield both at once because I'm technically a neutral player. If you don't know what a rapier is, it's basically a fencing sword with an actual spike instead of a flat tip. They can't slash but deal piercing damage, which is effective.

"FLAME TORPEDO" My swords were engulfed in flames and I stabbed with all my might, but she blocked it by using her chain handle. She then called the spiked ball to come back and she swung it at me in a combo swing.

"HEAVY SMASH COMBO" She kept hitting the air and ground with intense force. "do you know how long it'll take to fix this place after this?" I cracked a joke.

"WHIP BLADE" My blade became more flexible, almost like a whip, which I used to trip her. While she was on the ground-

"OVERHEAD STAB" I stabbed into the ground, but she dodged to the left and hit me in the head with the spiked ball, now in mace form.

"EARTHQUAKE" She pounded the floor with the mace and sent me flying! I crashed into the arena wall and fell to the ground. I got up, and was then met with...

"OVERHEAD SMASH" I tried dodging, but she hit my leg with the mace and I couldn't get up.

"CALL OF THE DEAD" Oh no. We all hate her soul stone. Zombie arms clawed out of the ground and tried scratching me, but they all missed as I cast a flight spell.

"UPPER SMASH" I didn't notice her jumping up and hitting me in the head from below.

"GROUNDER" She then swung her mace downward and hit me into the ground. The zombie arms clawed at my armor. I managed to kick them away and obliterate them with....

"EMBERS" A simple move for destroying simple creatures. The arms either burned to a crisp or were too scared too return. I looked up and just barely dodged and heavy smash into the ground by the ball and chain. This is my opening!

"FLAME EXPLOSION" I prepared my spell, and was soon surrounded in fire that expanded out and blew Awakened away into the arena wall. The fire dispelled and Awakened fell to the ground. She stood up slowly. "Now you've dunnit.

"ZOMBIE KING, 1ST FORM!" Awakened activated her soul stone. She grew bigger, bulkier, uglier. Like, seriously. Very ugly.

"FORTIFICATION" She boosted her defense! She then began walking towards me. While in zombie form, she has increased defense already, and she can't feel pain.

"EXECUTION" Awakened swung her mace downward with intense force while lunging at me. I pulled out my shield and prepared a block...And  was logged out.

Dscore's pov

When Awakenedevil activates her move "execution", there's pretty much no hope left. Especially when you don't spend a lot of points in constitution. Once the mace hit Denis's shield, it broke right through and left the ground flying everywhere. I think he died. It's alright, though. The respawn time isn't painful and he can earn his points back. It was an accident anyways. Awakened slowly transformed back to normal, and we waited for Denis to respawn.

_________________________________________________________
Hello, everyone! I hope you enjoyed the battle and wanna see more. And....well that's all I have to talk about right now. Goodbye!