Chapter 2: the crystal cove

I walked through the forest, retracing my steps the previous day the best I could. I finally thought I got to the spot, but there was nothing. I looked around, then gave up. "Well this was disappointing. I could have sworn-" suddenly, I heard a noise under my feet. A hole opened up in the ground and I fell right in. I looked up after the fall, and was astonished. I was here.

The cave where crystals of all colors and sizes covered the walls and ceiling of the cave. I walked through it, taking many turns and twists. It was getting increasingly colder as I delved deeper to find my prey. And then, I heard it. The gentle breathing of a sleeping reptilian giant. I turned the last corner, and there it was. A dragon with skin covered in crystals that kitted out of its body. The crystal dragon. Oh, this would be a great prize to claim.

I tried remembering the stats. Oh, there we go. The crystal dragon: world boss. High magic and elemental resistance. Incredibly fast for its size. Is also very strong and durable. However, the attacks themselves aren't as much strong as they are fast. As long as I have good armor, he should not be able to leave too much of a scratch.

"STONESKIN" I cast a spell on myself and my skin turned gray and hard. I felt also less agile. My spell awoke the dragon. It turned its head my way and gave out its battle roar.

"CHEETAH SPEED" I dashed over to him at high speeds and jumped over his first claw swipe. I pulled out my pistols and shot it in the head. It bounced off his skin and I used the recoil of the guns to fly towards the ceiling.

"OVERHEAD SLASH" I quickly drew my greatsword and shield and launched myself off the ceiling and connected my blade with the dragon's face. I leaped off its face and onto the ground, right into his tail whip. I was launched across the room into a wall. "Damn, that hurt." His tail was actually stronger than his claws and bite. It had more crystals on it was why.

It moved its head back and prepared its breath attack. I pointed my shield in front off me and the dragon shot swarms of crystal shards out of its mouth in my direction. It only did as much as scratch my shield.

"RUSH" I charged at the dragon with my sword and was backhand slapped away into the wall by the dragon claws. It then moved its body to combo with a tail swipe. I jumped into the air and shot my gun behind me, using the recoil to launch towards the dragon faster.

"HEAVY SLASH" I swung with all my might at the dragon's head. It dodged my attack and retaliated by trying to grab me with its claws. I used my pistol to shoot it in the head and launch me out of the direction of the attack.

"RAIN OF LEAD" I jumped into the air above the dragon and rained shots upon the dragon from above. The dragon swung its tail at me, but I expected it and used my shield to block the attack. I blocked and fell to the ground. The dragon rushed at me with it teeth and I dashed back away to avoid it.

"RAPID SHOTS" I shot the bullets at the dragon with my best speed. The dragon kept charging and the bullets bounced off him. I jumped on top of its head and grabbed the horn on top. It lashed out trying to get me off. I pulled out my greatsword with one hand and started striking its head from above. I delivered a lot of damage, but then it's tail grabbed my ankle and threw me off.

I slashed at the tail and left a dent. Didn't do much damage but it still did enough for to make it drop me. I fell flat on my back and got up quickly. The second I got up, I was knocked back down by the dragon tail hitting me. This time I got up and anticipated it, shooting the tail before standing up. The shot caused a second of hesitation and allowed me to get up and quickly dodge the attack.

"GIANT STRENGTH" I cast on my self and used "BULL RUSH" to charge at the dragon with speed and force and I slashed it just across the face. It knocked the head back, but then it swung back at me and I got knocked away. I steadied myself and avoided getting knocked on my back. Then the tail swung around and headed right at me. I rolled to the side and avoided an overhead smack.

"SNIPE SHOT" I aimed carefully, and shot the dragon right in the eye. It roared in pain, now part blind.

"BULL RUSH" I charged at it with my sword and jumped on top of its head, and stabbed my blade into its neck. It slowly weakened, and I decided to end this. I pulled out my pistol with my hand that wasn't holding on to the sword, and shot....I think 7 shots into the head.

"DECAPITATION" I took out the sword, and swung it at the head and.....that damn tail! It grabbed my ankle and held me in the air. The dragon held me over its head, and opened its mouth. I was going to get eaten. I looked around, and got an idea. The dragon dropped me into its mouth, and I used my shield to pry its mouth open. It struggled to close its mouth in the piece of metal. I then jumped out of the mouth and shot behind me, using the guns recoil and dashing towards the dragon. It spat out the shield and prepared a breath attack.

I ducked and slid under the attack, and got under the dragon where I stabbed its exposed belly. Blood spirited out and the dragon weakened immensely. I then added in a gunshot into the wound, and the bullet penetrated its heart and shot out of the backside. The dragon stopped breathing, and fell to the ground.

____________________________________
Hi, everybody. I hope you enjoyed. I would like to address some questions people have been having in the comments last part. Yes, rifles and shotguns are modern weapons, but I said BLUNDERBUSS shotguns and MUSKET rifles, which are basically the older versions. Also, I did not know guns were already in the NLO series. To Be honest, I've only read the two books made by Scythus, and the Acolytes NLO fan fiction (which is really awesome, BTW). So I really didn't know that. Anyways, stay awesome, thanks for the support, and the next part should be up soon.