Chapter TEN: Love of My Life

NYLA

I kept getting flashbacks of our kiss as I drove back to my condo. I tried to shake it from my mind but nothing would work. Every song I listened to just reminded me of a moment where I was with Kenneth. I needed this vacation more than anything. I got back to the house and packed up one suitcase and one carry on. I didn't even know where we were going, so I didn't know what to pack. I was just hoping it was somewhere hot and relaxing. Around 10PM, Tyrone called me to come downstairs, he put my luggage in the trunk and drove off.

"You packed a lot, we just gon' go shopping anyways." He smiled. 

"I have my essentials." I told him. 

"Like what?" He asked. 

"Condoms." I joked. 

"I hope so." He smirked, as he placed his hand on my upper thigh as he drove. We walked got to the airport and walked to a private jet.

"You like it." He asked.

"Love it." I answered as he helped me step on. We buckled up as the plane took off. I held his hand tightly. I didn't like flying it made me real uncomfortable, I was a feet on the ground kind of girl. As we reached our maximum height, he popped some champagne. 

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"Don't worry." He answered and passed me a glass. "Trust that you'll have the time of your life." 

 We landed in Turks and Caicos hours later. I hadn't really travelled much, since I was in high school then all my focus was my daughter. Technically, this was my first vacation in 9 years and I was happy I took it with Tyrone. 

"You like it baby?" He asked as I walked around the villa. 

"I love it. This is gorgeous. Thank you for bringing me with you." I smiled.

"You don't need to thank me." He said and kissed me. 

"Happy 30th birthday, babe." I  said and kissed him back.

He lifted me off the ground and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

"Do I get my present now or later?" He smirked. 

"Preferably later." I giggled. I really wanted to see the island and enjoy the beach, We had plenty of time to make love.

"Alright. But it is my birthday, so we have to do whatever I like." He smirked. 

"You've got yourself a deal." I smiled.

We took a little nap before we got our day officially started. I showered and changed into my bikini and put a see-through wrap around my waist. I straightened my hair and put a flower brouch to hold back one side, so the other fell loosely. I came downstairs and Tyrone was sitting shirtless with cargo shorts on waiting for me. I felt myself getting hot all over again as I eyed his muscular physique. 

"You alright baby?" He asked with a smile.

"Huh? Yeah, i'm good." I started to blush. This wasn't the first time he's caught me staring. Something about him just made me become at a loss for words. 

"Don't worry, it's all yours." He said as he approached me and placed a kiss on my lips. We headed out and went to the market; We explored the whole entire island before returning back to our villa. I loved watching him interact with the kids and people of the island. It was breathtaking how fast people took to him and just wanted to be wrapped up in his prescence. For such a big tough guy, he had a beautiful heart. 

"Did you have fun today?" He asked as we waited for our dinner to be served.

"I did, I haven't vacationed in forever." I told him.

"Well, I'm glad that I could be the one to take you." He smirked.

"Me too." I said and sipped my wine. 

I became extremely nervous as he looked at me. 

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing..it's just, I still get butterflies when you look at me. I get a little nervous and self-concious. I don't know." I blushed, I felt like a little girl with a crush all over again.

"You have nothing to be self-concious about, you're gorgeous. I really like you, Nyla." He smiled.

"I like you too, Tyrone," I said with all seriousness. I did like him, and this time, I didn't have to think about my heart being in a different place, because my heart was with me and mine to give away. 

He leaned across the table and kissed me. I gave in as his tongue plunged into my mouth. I stood up and went over to his side. 

"I get my gift now?" He asked.

"Let's just cuddle." I laughed.

He looked disappointed but I really wanted to take this slow. He got up, we both showered and got into bed. I fell asleep immediately. 

KENNETH

My house was pretty quiet without Anya, but I didn't miss her. She was a snake, and that's the last thing I needed. I laid in bed watching tv when my door opened, I already knew it was Mackenzie. I shut my eyes and pretended to be sleeping. I felt her small body jump up onto the bed causing it to sink a little on her side. She came and looked over my face to see if I was sleeping.

"Raawr." I jumped up and grabbed her. She looked so scared before she started laughing.

"Daddy, don't do that." She giggled. 

"Why aren't you sleeping?" I asked her. 

"Because I can't sleep without you." She pouted. I sighed. This girl right here, is the love of my life. I kissed her cheeks and she laid next to me with her big curly hair spreading across my face, just like her mother's use to.

"Good night, daddy." She said softly, as I covered her in my blanket. 

"Good night, babygirl." I said as I shut off the tv and closed my eyes. 

When I woke up in the morning and looked at the clock it was 11:30am and Mackenzie was gone. I began to slightly panic but I knew she was an early riser. I looked out the window and saw her swimming in the pool with Rodrick and her dog. I sighed of relief before getting into the shower. When I got out I brushed my teeth and got dressed. When I came downstairs, Rodrick had left their bowls on the counter some still with milk in it. I shook my head and went out back. 

"Good Morning, daddy." She smiled. 

"Good Morning, little mermaid. Wassup man." I said to Rodrick as he joined me at thte table. 

"Man, I been thinking, I wanna have me some kids now. I spend all this time with your daughter, I want one of my own." He sighed.

"You talk like their pets you can buy," I laughed, "I didn't even plan this shit but I'm glad that she's here forreal." I told him. 

"Time to start cuffin'. Where'd Nyla go? MK said she went on a trip." He said. 

"She's went somewhere for Tyrone's birthday." I told him. 

"And you don't mind?" He questioned. 

"Nah, not really. I mean I do, but what am I suppose to do at this point. I tried everything and I'm done. It's too much to handle. I got the love of my life already. I don't need her, I want her, but I don't need her." I made clear. It was true that I still loved that girl, but there was nothing I could do to make her stay, so it was better if I just let her go.

This chapter was pretty boring and short..but trust me, it'll get better ;)