Chapter 2- A Night Out (Rosalind)

I take off my hoodie after I walk out of the diner and shove it in my book bag. I walk in Aeropostle and go to the purse section. I start to shuffle through them and finally give up and go to the clothes section first.

          I find a shirt that seems nice and even though I am not use to wearing stuff like this I figure that it’s OK. I find a really nice pair of jeans that has holes all over it and I know that I just have to buy them; I also pick up a cute jean mini-skirt.

          I walk around the store a little bit more and find a medium short skirt that has ruffles and it’s white. It’s not really my style but I see girls wearing stuff like this a lot so I figure I’ll buy it.

          I start to head towards the purse section again when this super cute, short black, pink, and white dress catches my eye and I know that I just have to have it. I pick it off the rack and continue over to the purse section.

          This time I just pick out like fifteen purses and head toward the shoe section. I pick out some flats and heels then I head towards the check-out line.

          I set my stuff on the counter and the girl rings it up. It comes out pretty high but it doesn’t matter because I have plenty to spend. She hands me the bags and I go to the changing rooms.

I quickly change into the white skirt and the pink shirt and I look in the mirror. I don’t even look like me. It’s like I’m a totally different person. I think to myself that I look really good in pink, but I guess long blond hair does that to you. I slip on some heels and shove everything else in my bag, happy that it’s big.

          I walk out and head out of the store. I get in my car and drive to my garage. When I get there I change my car out for my yellow Porsche that my dad got me for my birthday but I never drove it. I take the top off and put it in the back and then I hop in the car.

          I back it out and head down the road. I look at the clock and by now schools just about to get out. I pull over to the parking lot right across from the school and wait for the bell to ring. Once it rings I drive over and pull in to the parking lot. Everyone looks my way as I drive in and I can hear people talking about me like ‘who is that?’ and ‘nice car.’

          I pull into a parking space and get out of the car. I lock it and start to walk up to the building. I swear everyone in the school is wondering who I am. One boy comes up to me and I can tell he wants to ask me out. I say something right before he speaks:

          “I will be right back. Please make sure no one follows me.”

          I walk towards the office and grab the mega-phone from one of the desks. Then I walk back out and put the mega-phone to my mouth.

          “Will Crystal Ponparch please come up here? Thank you.” I say into the mega-phone and then I toss it into the crowd as Crystal makes her way up the stairs. I motion for her to follow me as I head towards the bathroom.

When we walk inside I turn around and face her.

          “You surprised Cry? Before you know it I’ll be taking your place and you’ll be in the same spot I was in.”

          “There is no way that…..omigosh it IS you. What did you do go get your face redone during school? You know what never mind but guess what, I will make sure you do NOT become popular.” She tells me with a smirk on her face.

          “Good because I don’t want to be snotty like you. I just figured you should know that someone out there is prettier than you are.” I walk out the door leaving her behind.