Clocks

Before you start reading I want to let you know this is my first book, and I'm in the middle of editing the whole thing and adding new chapters. :-) 
Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy!

CHAPTER 1

I woke up with something buzzing under my pillow. I glanced over at the clocked to see it was only 5:45 in the morning. I slipped my hand under my pillow and grabbed whatever was buzzing. I pulled it out to see it was my phone shwoing that someone was calling me. I answered it without bothering to check the caller ID.

"Hello?" I groaned into my phone. 

"Skylar! It's time to get up for the first day of school!" My best friend nearly scram at me through the phone. 

"So, what? Are you my alarm now?" 

"No, but I knew you would probably forgot to set your alarm, am I right?" 

"I didn't forget." I lied. 

"Uh huh. Whatever, just get up. I'll be at your house at the regular time." 

"Ok," I said right before hanging up on her. 

I groaned once more before sitting up on my bed. I yawned before standing up and made my way over to the bathroom. I turned on the shower, and stripped off my clothes. I stepped into the shower letting the hot water wake me up. 

I walked into to the kitchen to find my mom at the stove. I came up from behind her my and hugged her.

"Goodmorning sweetheart. Sleep well?" She asked.

"Slept ok.." I smiled at her and then looked over to the clock to see that it was now 7:00. I had 10 minutes before I had to leave for my first day of senior year.

It seemed foreign to me, that it is going to be the last year of high school. It passed by so quickly, and really, I have no idea what I'm going to do once I'm out of high school. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to go to college, but I haven't even decided which on yet.

I heard a honk outside which meant my bestfriend is out front in her car. She had to drive me every since she got her drivers license. I didn't have a car, so I couldn't drive myself.

"Have a good first day of school!" My mom said.

I kissed her on the cheek, "I will."

Before I was even half way to the car my bestfriend ran towards me. Her red brown hair was down and straightened. She was wearing mascara and eyeliner, making her dark hazelnut eyes pop out. She was wearing skinny jeans with a black blouse.

"Skylar!" She screamed, "I missed you so much!" She took me into a big bear hug.

"I missed you too, Madison."

See, Madison went to England for the last month of summer break so I haven't seen her in forever, and a month for us is like a year.

On the way to school we listened to Coldplay, our favorite band.

The school is only 10 minutes away so we didn't get to talk as much as we wanted to about what's happened since the last time we saw each other.

As I stepped out of the car, my mind was remembering the smell of my high school's parking lot. Perfume, cologne, and Chinese food. I could never figure out the last part, but it was always there. It was hot and humid outside, but it always is. People think living in Miami would be fun, but really, it isn't.

"Well, here goes nothing," I said to Madison, "I can't believe it's the last year of highschool." I said, whispering the last part.

"I know, right!" She said enthusiastically. Unlike me, she had already planned out what she's going to do once she's out.

By the time we actually got inside, which took longer than I wanted, at least 20 people have hugged me and said hello. Somehow, during high school, I have gotten pretty popular. Though in Middle School, I never was. Basically, the only friend I had was Madison.

Once Madison and I got our schedules from the office, we figured out that we have only 4 classes together. At least it's something, in freshman year we didn't even have 1 class together!

"So I guess my locker number is 546." Madison said, looking at my with hoping eyes that I would be anywhere close to hers.

"Well, you're in luck! My number is 532." A smile spread across her face and we started to make our way towards our lockers we will have to have for the rest of the school year.

As I was unloading my supplies into my locker I saw movement to my left. I slowly looked over to see a guy, opening his locker. I didn't recognize him but he was really cute. Shaggy brown hair, muscular arms, he looked about 5"11, maybe taller, he was wearing a gray sweat-shirt, and dark blue skinny jeans that fit him like they were made for him.

He noticed me staring at him and he looked over. I felt my eyes widden when they met his.

They were the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen. They were bright blue, but hazed with gray. He smiled and went back to putting his stuff back into his locker. 

***************

A/N

Hey! Hope you liked my first chapter! Sorry if seemed kinda slow.

Comment, like, share. :)

-Josie