Prologue

" And you were just like the moon - so lonely, so full of imperfections. But just like the moon, you shine in times of darkness. "

-

Once there was a man who lived on the moon. He was lonely. Nothing except him existed on the moon, and his life there was almost as normal as on earth. Only that everything was cold. And pale.

And he was alone.

Everyday he would sit down in front of his small cottage and stare down at the earth.

Oh how he longed to be on earth just like how other humans were.

The earth looked simply divine from his point of view ; he wondered how grass felt like under his skin, how the rays of sun would keep him warm, how there would be life and love and everything a human needs to fill his emptiness.

He wished he could go back to earth.

The man knew that people on earth knew about him, and he was pretty famous for being called 'The Man in The Moon'.

Unfortunately, unlike Jack Frost or Rumplestilskin, people were less interested in his fable.

But there was someone, a human on earth who was indeed very curious about him.

He noticed her - every night she would be sitting by her window with a telescope in her hand, trying to look for something on the moon. He knew she couldn't see him.

He observed her - every night she would carefully write down her thoughts and observations of the moon. She wrote letters to the moon.

She believed in the man in the moon.

And she knew, he was there. He always was.

But all he could do was smile, his heart sinking at the thought of not being able to reach her.

And she waited - she waited for an answer from him.

He thought it was weird but at the same time amazing - how a girl could fall in love with someone that was so far away and out of her reach.

This is a story of how the moon falls in love with a girl, and the sacrifices they make for each other, just for their love.

-----------------------------------

Yes i made a new fic can someone please punch me

And yeah im so excited for this story bc i really like the fable of the man in the moon and im so inspired

You know these days i get tired easily that i dont have the energy to write funny stuff anymore so i just want to focus on sad fics ok? Ok

Pls support me with this and dont murder me if i discontinue this :'>

- Cee