Chapter 2

It's Saturday morning and I'm hungry. I needed to get out of bed. I wanted some candy, not normal, what I should be eating stuff, no, I'm craving candy.

I got out of bed and got dressed, then got ready, and left. I made sure the door was locked behind me before I hastily headed out. I shoved my hands in my pockets and began to walk quickly. I turned the first corner, seeing a familiar face. It was Max. He turned towards me and frowned.

What's his problem? I'm just going out to get snacks.

I walked over to him, about to walk past when he stopped me.

"Why are you out so early?" He asked me.

It's like ten, what?

"I wanted candy." I replied with a shrug.

"Understandable." He nodded.

I looked up at him. "Why did you want to know?"

"I wanna come with you." He replied with a heavy sigh and I nodded in return.

He gave me a wide grin. Just as we were about to get to the store, it started to rain.

"Oh crap! It wasn't supposed to rain today." I looked up to the sky rather quickly, before grabbing Max's sleeve and pulling him into the store.

I frowned. "What a start."

"Start to what." He asked me as I went to where the candy was.

"The day." I picked up some {f/c} then looked at him. "You want anything?"

"You paying?"

I shrugged. "Why not."

He plucked a kit-kat bar off the shelf and handed it to me. I took it from him and walked up to the corner, placing it down.

"Thanks." He sighed.

"No problem, man." I replied as the cashier quickly scanned the candy.

When she was done I took it and handed Max his.

"How much was it." He asked, grabbing it.

I looked at the receipt. "Like 1.50." I shrugged, pulling off my bag and putting my stuff in it.

Max took out his wallet and handed me two dollars. "You can keep the change."

I took the money from him and put it in my bag. He then unwrapped his candy and took a swift bite.

"Well, I'll be seeing you." He said, about to walk outside, but I stopped him.

"Its still raining." I said.

"So it is." He finished his bar and threw the wrapper in a nearby trash bin.

Max pulled on a hood and waved to me as he exited the store. I crossed my arms and pulled on my hood, following him.

"Wait up man! We are going the same way!" I yelled to him, jogging up.

"Suppose you're right." He looked away.

I laughed, feeling drops of rain land on my face. The cool feeling it gave me, made me happier then I already was and I looked at Max. His head tipped down and no smile, just a neutral poker-face. We waved at each other as we headed in two separate directions. As Max walked his way, I watched him for a moment. His hands shoved into his pockets. Head aimed down. Hood pulled over. I wondered what he was thinking. I shook my head.

Guess I should go home now.

Youtuber at the top - ThatGuyBarney, other small child.