Chapter 13

Corvus POV
"I suggest you be upfront and just tell her Si." I say, our arms still linked as we sit on the floor, leaning against the wall, starting into space at the one across from us.
"I couldn't, I wouldn't want to be carefully rejected." She whispers. "And I wouldn't want to bother her either."
"You wouldn't be bothering her, believe me, nothing could be worse then trying to tell a four year old Draco you think he's your mate." I tell her with a small laugh at the memory.
"How did that go down anyway, I wasn't around back then and I can't imagine his reaction." She mumbles excitedly, griping my arm.
"I don't know Sirena."
"Pwease!" She insisted, using a puppy dog pout as usual to get her way.
But me being the boy that I am, couldn't resist my cousin as she begged like that, an actual doggy whimper escaping her lips.
"Fine." I cave. "As you know, we were both about four years old......."
I wandered the halls of the manor, my fingers playing with the red line now etched in the skin of my pinkie finger.
What do I tell him.......
All of a sudden I bumped into someone. I fell to the floor with a thud and a whimper.
"Oh, Corvus, I'm sorry, I didn't see you there."
I look up to see my cousin Lilith.
"Oh, hey Lil." I mumble. "It's okay, I wasn't looking where I was going anyway."
"What's up?" She asks, sounding concerned. "You look conflicted."
"I might have found my mate..." I whimper as she sits down on the floor next to me.
"Corv! That's fantastic!" Lilith chirps. "Who is it?!"
"I think it's Draco..."
"Oh Corv, that's wonderful!" She squeals, pulling me into a hug. "Your mothers have been waiting for the day you two would end up together!"
"Yeah, but what about Draco?" I ask. "What does he think about being my mate, I don't even know how to tell him!"
"Just be straight with him, he has to feel something for you right?!"
She smiles at me. "You guys are mates, Corv!"
"Alright... I'll go talk to him..." I mumble as I get up and walk towards my uncle's study, where Draco always is.
"My sister said that!" Sirena asks, sounding slightly shocked.
"Yeah, she had great advice for a six year old." I answer with a laugh.
"Keep going!" She squeals. "You still haven't gotten to the part with Draco!"
"Alright, alright."
I step into the study and see Draco curled up in an armchair, his knees pulled to his chest and an old potions journal written by uncle Sev propped up on them.
"Drake?" I whisper as I creep over to him, trying not to startle him.
"Yeah Corv?" He asks with a yawn.
"Um... Could I talk to you for a moment?"
"Sure, what's up?" He asks, setting the book down on the table infront of him.
"Ithinkyou'remymate............." I rush out.
"What?" He asks, sitting up and looking at me more closely.
"I think you're my mate..." I tell him, wringing my hands nervously as I do.
"You think?!" He asks me, the words doused in disbelief.
"Yeah..."
"As in you're not sure?!" He asks, starting to sound frustrated.
"I'm sure..." I mumble.
"Then why did you say 'I think'?!" He says, sounding hurt.
"I wasn't sure how you'd take it.."
"Well how did you take it when you noticed?!" He asks, still not calming down.
"I was happy, then excited, then scared......" I said, mumbling the last word.
"You were scared?" Draco asks quietly, it was just above a whisper.
"Yeah, I wasn't sure how you'd take it, I was scared you'd reject me..."
"Corvus, I could never..." He whispered, his voice making him sound almost broken as he came over and pulled me against his chest.
His arms wrapped around my waist as he pulled me closer.
"Does this mean you....?" I mumble as I nuzzle further into the embrace.
"I accept..." He whispers to me with a smile gracing his lips...
"Wow." Sirena gasps.
"Yeah, a mates pull is strong, especially with a half veela." I mutter as Sirena calms herself.
She stands up and brushes the dust off her skirt before turning towards the hall she had originally been walking down.
"Where are you going?" I ask, standing up as well.
"I'm gonna go tell Luna..." She mumbles awkwardly and then dashed down the hall.
"Good."