RSD IV - Chapter 4

Chapter 4 - Welcome to the Circus

Prompts used:

- ii a bouquet of flowers

- iv a pocket book of poetry

Word Count: 1744

"I'm hungry," Hana whined, exhausted.

Travis trailed three meters behind her. Whenever he dared to move closer, his wife hissed like an injured stray cat.

"At least you had an apple from that Scottish outlaw," Travis muttered.

Hana whipped around, her hair fluttering with momentum.

"Scottish outlaw?" she questioned.

Travis stopped where he stood,"Yeah, haven't you heard of him? He was nicknamed 'the Scottish Robin Hood.' I thought you might have known. since you love fairy tales and those other things."

Hana subconsciously chewed her thumbnail, causing Travis to chuckle. It was a bad habit of Hana's. Whenever she did so, it was a sign that she was deep in thought.

"Isn't it weird?" Hana quizzed, "All these people are from some sort of fairy tales. I mean, yes, it's called the Enchanted Forest Resort, but out here in the woods... And that sword was definitely real. What's wrong with this place? And on the first day... That creature in the door."

"What?!" Travis interrupted, "What creature?"

"When you went to sleep, I went exploring. Alice saved me from that monster in the weird door," Hana explained.

Travis grabbed his wife's arm and stared through her eyes ad if he was looking deep into her soul.

"You aren't hurt anywhere are you? Are you?" he asked, his face full of worry, "I don't care if we're having this fight right now and I know it's all my fault but I love you. So please tell me, are you hurt?"

Hana's face turned tomato red and she snatched her arm away, less forcefully than the last time.

"I'm fine!" she pouted, "Let's go before it gets too dark. Maybe we can find a river or something to get fish or whatever."

-------------------------

"Hana, I already know I've said this every five minutes for the last hour and a half but I'm sorry. I should have told you before. I'm sorry. Please forgive me. Please? I love you."

Hana ignored her husband's pleas and stared forwards. She was not going to give in. Never. What he had done was unacceptable! Unacceptable.

Screech! Travis' ears perked up.

"I hear something," he whispered cautiously to Hana.

Hana shook herself out of her daze and listened carefully. A high pitched screech filled the air.

Travis shivered. Hana had allowed him, two meters closer. She didn't seem any closer to forgiving him, though. Maybe she just wanted him to protect her. That was alright with him. As long as Hana was close, he was content with anything.

Hana continued walking on, keeping as close to the shade of the trees as possible. Whatever had been making that piercing sound, seemed to be coming from the sky. They had to remain as hidden as possible.

It wasn't long before the two picked up another sound- the sound of flowing water. Was it a river? Was there finally hope for their starving souls?

There- a free-flowing, shimmering, shinning, fresh body of water. It was perfect. It was beautiful. It was magnificent. It was the most-

"HELP!"