Part 1: I Stole His Motorcycle

Start from the beginning

I gasped. What was he saying?

"That is so not what was going on and you know it!" I accused, jabbing a finger at him.

Hannah completely ignored what I was saying. She stepped out of Ryker's embrace to turn towards him. She raised her hand to his messy hair, smoothing it back. A scar peeked through right above his eyebrow. He darted his eyes to mine to see if I had seen it. When he realized that I had seen it, he smirked again. He had serious issues.

I was done here. Without another word, I spun around and headed for the parking lot. Today was a long day and I just wanted to get home.

There was a sleek, black motorcycle parked right next to my banged up car. This was the first time I've ever seen it. This was also the new kid's first day of school.

I rolled my eyes at Ryker's choice of transportation. He sure knew how to show off.

I climbed into my car and turned it on. Except it wouldn't. It sputtered once and died. I groaned and got out of the car.

I knew absolutely nothing about cars, let alone how to fix one. I popped open the hood as smoke wafted out of it. Crap. This couldn't be good. I coughed and waved my arms around, trying to clear the smoke.

I shoved the hood back down to trap the smoke and leaned heavily against my stupid car. I glanced over at the motorcycle that must have cost more than my house and had the best idea ever, or possibly the worst.

I scanned the parking lot for anyone who might still be here. My talk with Ryker had delayed me from getting home, so mostly everyone had left already. The parking lot was empty of cars.

I walked over to the bike, checking the ignition. The idiot left the keys in and the helmet was strapped to the handle bars. It was as if he wanted someone to steal his motorcycle.

I grabbed the helmet and fastened it on my head. It was way too big for me, but it would have to do. I gingerly sat on the vehicle and started up the engine.

I've ridden motorcycles many times before, don't ask me why, so I knew what I was doing. I revved the engine and smiled under the protection of the helmet. I drove out of the school lot, heading home on the bad boy's motorcycle.

~*~*~*~*~

I slowed down as I neared the driveway. Mom wouldn't be home until I left for school in the morning so she wouldn't notice how I had gotten home today. She insisted on taking a vacation for herself once in a while even though we didn't have enough money for that. To make up for it, I worked weekends at the only place that would hire me; The Grill.

The Grill was the "hotspot" in this small town of Charlo, Montana. Everyone from school, and I mean everyone, came at least once during my hours. It wasn't surprising considering this was the best place to be around here and our school was tiny.

No wonder why Ryker was already accepted by the popular clique. Jeez, why was I thinking about him?

I hopped off the motorcycle, hitting the kickstand down with my boot. I unstrapped the helmet and threw my straight, brown hair in a ponytail, heading inside.

I unlocked the door to our very modest house. It was two stories with three bedrooms and one bathroom. We really didn't need anything bigger with just my mom and I living here.