beginning

I always loathed Halloween and not just because I was forced to dress up as a princess, but because every year something bad would happen: when I was 12, my dog disappeared; when I was 13, my sister broke her arm, when I was 14, my sister got lost. Obviously she is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

We found her, to my dismay. When I was 15 my dad cut himself while carving a pumpkin, his hand looked like a fountain and last year, my friend's hear caught on fire but thankfully she was wearing a wig.

This year the Halloween party is being held at the abandoned amusement park, down by the river. Someone is bound to die. Maybe not, but someone is going to get hurt. I told as much to my friends and they laughed it off.

You see, my hometown is Halloween crazed, we even have a mascot: a man in a trench-coat with a pumpkin instead of a head. Very creative.

My name is Sawyer Matthews and I'm a Hallow town's wet blanket.

Humans are people capable of feeling different emotions so, you would think I would have some sympathy for the school's bad to the bone, die hard, want to be James Dean while he's being intoxicated with smoke. Normally I would, but now, I'm just chanting 'I told you do' in my head wincing every now and then while my friends scream their lungs out. We're in the Mirror house and his terrified expression can be seen in all mirrors, but no one can find him. He's tied up to a chair, his struggling body enveloped clouds of smoke his fists are turning while from clenching the stool too tight. His lips are glued together and is between them, 4 cigarettes are also glued. Smoking do bring you death. I know, I'm being cruel, but this could be a joke for all I know. Or not. He stopped moving. The smokes are still burning, his numb body held by the chair, his eyes starring blankly at us. And just like that, everyone stopped the screaming and the lights are out. All you can hear are our shallow breaths. This is good, we need to compose ourselves and call the police and then –

Remember when I said I loathed Halloween? Well I also loath hysterical teenagers running for their dear lives. Why would you scream like a lunatic if you don't want the psychotic killer to find you? You're supposed to learn from horror movies and thrillers.

Note to self: stop talking to yourself, if you don't want to be left for dead.

I'm all alone in a deserted amusement park with a killer on the loose. Despite all that, all I want to do right now is to find my friend Joan and tell her over and over again: 'I told you so'

I started walking around, wondering where everyone is. If I were a blonde now I would probably yell something like 'Where are you guys?' or run for the woods to embrace my death. I snorted at that thought, very unlady like, may I add. I stopped dead in my tracks when I reached the Spook House. See the remarkable creativity? The name alone runs chill, down your spine but wait 'till you see the plastic ghosts in the house. I should really stop with the unnecessary ramblings, this is ser – a piercing scream broke me out of my thoughts. Now that is something that runs chills down your spine.

The Spook House door was slightly ajar and I know I shouldn't go in but curiosity always gets the best of me.

With a dry mouth, a lump in my throat and a quickened pulse. I go in, the door closing behind me with a weak groan. I moved my legs shakily through the dim lit hall, no plastic zombies in sight. The house is actually empty, but the deathly silence doesn't help my terrified soul at all. When I enter the first room, I notice an empty vase in the for corner of the room. I hesitantly start climbing the stairs but just when I reach the top, the stairs creak and a yelp escaped my lips.

As I reach the doors I hear people talking in hushed voices, muffled cries and the crunching of leafs. I close my eyes and shakily bring my hand to the knots, swinging the door open. I can feel my heart pounding in my head as I try to even my breathing. Opening my eyes, I see 7 screens in front of me. I let out a sigh of relief but all relief goes away when I realize what the screens show. Different areas of the park where my terrified friends try to hide.

I spot one of the cheerleaders by the ferris wheel looking as if she's pleading someone. Then out of nowhere someone stabs her chest with a knife, staining her white angel dress. I take a sharp intake of breath where I see that the killer is the town mascot. He gets the knife out of her chest and starts carving her face: he cuts the corners of her mouth enlarging it, and carves circles at the end so it looks like she's grinning from year to year with reddened cheeks. He ribs off her angel wings and halo and gets from his coat pocket a pocket knife. With that he starts carving something on her forehead. After he's finished he goes for her left eye and sticks the blade in it, pulling her eyeball out. He kisses her forehead bows his head and then raises to his feet and starts walking away with his stand hands stack casually in his pockets.

All that remains behind is a fallen angel in a pool of blood with 'Trick 'r treat' carved on its forehead. Something catches my eye and peel my shocked eyes from the cheerleader to see my sister and Joan trying to run from Pumpkin Head.

My legs give in and quiet sobs start escaping my mouth when the killer throws his knife at them cutting through my sisters leg. Joan runs back to help her and that's when I notice he's holding something in his other hand: an axe. He raises it and cuts Joans left arm. The axe is stuck in my sister's stomach while gashes of blood run down her limb body along with the flowing blood from Joan's arm. He swings the axe again and it hits Joan's throat throwing her head falling on the ground with a soft thud. Her numb body falls over my sisters and then both drown in their own blood. He sets the axe down and gets his pocket knife again kneeling down beside them and starts peeling the skin along Joan's throat, arranging it so it looks like a flower, he retreats her head and carves holes in her cheeks then he gets the knife from my sisters leg and pushes it in her neck sticking her head down the blade.

He raises to his feet and leaves but not before he kisses their stained foreheads. I stare wide-eyed at the screen absent-mind wiping tears off my cheeks a muffled cry catches my attention and I turn my attention to another screen where a boy dressed as Joey Ramone is being tortured by the killer.

He has several cuts on his face and his face and his leather jacket is ripped so you can see the deep cuts on his arms. The killer raises a hammer and smashes his right knee which earns him a piercing scream from his pained victim. That doesn't stop him, he smashes his other knee and raises his hammer smashing his hands one by one. He's on his back screaming, his fingers looking like crushed twigs. With two lost swings the killer smashes his nose and cracks his skull, his wig falling off, blood making his blonde hair seem orange. Pumpkin' head kisses his forehead and leaves.