The Second Task

"Oh, aren't they cute?" came a voice from Amie's left.

"They'll have to get up soon, though - they'll miss the second task," someone else said.

Get up. Miss... The task... Harry!

Amie's eyes flew open and she stood up so fast that Angelina and Katie backed up and gasped from shock.

"Where's Harry? What time is it?" Amie asked in a rush, ignoring the dizziness which came from standing up too fast.

"We've no idea where he is, but he should be with the other champions, shouldn't he? It's nine o' clock, half an hour 'til the second task," Angelina said with a frown.

"Wazz goin' on?" came a groggy voice from the couch, and Amie spun to see George rubbing sleep from his eyes.

"We've got to hurry, George, we've only got half an hour, come on!" Amie ordered, running ahead up to her dormitory.

In record time Amie'd changed her clothes, washed her face, morphed her hair into a pixie cut and rinsed it in the shower. She came running down the stairs just minutes after she'd gone up.

"George!" Amie shrieked when she saw he wasn't down yet. "Get down here now!"

"I'm coming, I'm coming, calm down!" George's stressed voice rang down the staircase. Seconds later he was by her side, his hair as soaking wet as hers, as they ran down through Hogwarts.

"New haircut?" George panted.

"You've seen me with short hair before, George. It's handy. Now faster!" Amie urged, running with amazing speed. They'd reached the Great Hall in next to no time, and they only had time to grab a couple of toasts before Amie decided they needed to get going again. Almost no one was still having breakfast.

"Look!" Amie yelled as they ran down the lawn. "We're supposed to be out there in the stands!"

"It's on the opposite of the bank! We'll have to go around the lake!" George yelled back.

"There's Dumbledore!" Amie gasped, out of breath from the running.

Dumbledore was standing with the other judges - Percy Weasley instead of Crouch - and Fleur, Cedric and Viktor, by the water's edge.

"Professor Dumbledore!" Amie panted as she and George halted in front of him. 

"Miss Jones?" Dumbledore said, his eyes sparkling with amusement, but Amie could see he was worried as well.

"Is Harry not here?" Amie asked, getting worried too.

"Not yet, no," Dumbledore said. "But you two should be taking your seats in the stands, the second task will start soon,"

"Yes, Professor," Amie nodded, turning to leave with George.

"Why were we hurrying that much? It's fifteen minutes left," George complained.

"Where's Harry? He was in the common room last night, but then I fell asleep... Where'd he go?"

"He'll turn up," George comforted her, taking her hand.

"You're probably right," Amie drew a deep breath to calm down. "Do you see Ron and Hermione anywhere?"

Amie and George scanned the stands but couldn't find them.

"Where are they?" Amie said, even more worried. She'd completely forgetten about her vision of them underwater.

"Dunno," George frowned. "Come on, let's go sit with Fred and Lee,"

They sat down and George started talking, but Amie didn't listen, she was watching the judges and the champions. Cedric looked concentrated and calm, Viktor was frowning and Fleur was pacing, seemingly muttering to herself. She did stop once to wave at Amie, but then she continued her pacing. When it was nearing the start of the second task, Harry finally turned up. He was sprinting down the lawn just like Amie and George had done earlier.