Cedric, DADA and the potion

Amie woke up earlier than Hermione the next morning. Instead of lying in bed doing nothing, Amie decided to head outside for a short stroll around the ground before breakfast. Getting out of bed as quietly as possible as to not wake up Hermione or the others, Amie rummaged around after a fresh pair of robes and put them on, before heading downstairs and out through the portrait hole. Thankfully, no one was awake yet, so she wasn't stopped. Not that someone would have stopped her - she was perfectly allowed to leave the castle, it was just fairly early. Amie reached the Entrance Hall without a hitch, and, walking out onto the grounds, she breathed deeply from the moist air. She had hardly been out at all during the week, mostly because she'd been busy with homework and the potion in her free time. And with the Quidditch tournament not taking place this year, Amie had to make sure she still had some fresh air and exercise once in a while. As always when Amie was outside without a particular reason, she found her feet leading her to the lake. She didn't know why she liked to be there so much, she just did. Despite her original thought of taking a walk, Amie sat down on the bench in front of the lake instead. She watched the water move in the breeze, and the giant squid even made a few appearances above the surface. She didn't know how long she'd sat there when she was snapped out of the calm.

"Anyone sitting here?" a familiar voice said, and Amie spun around in shock. Normally, she wasn't easily scared, but Amie had found that everytime she couldn't see the person who talked, she would be very frightened.

"Oh, Cedric, don't scare me like that!" she exclaimed, clutching her heart. She was actually happy to see him - that way, she wouldn't have to seek him out. She hadn't forgotten that she needed to befriend him if she was to have a chance of saving his life.

"Sorry," Cedric said, giving her a crooked smile, his eyes sparkling with amusement.

"And no, there's no one sitting here, but I assume you weren't really asking that - I guess you were asking for permission to sit down - am I right?" Amie smiled.

"Yes, I would say so," said Cedric, grinning.

"Well then, why didn't you say so?" Amie teased. "Come on then, sit down,"

"Thanks," Cedric said, breathing a slight sigh of relief, that he didn't mean for Amie to notice.

"So... What's up?" said Amie, trying to break the silence.

"Not much... You?" Cedric said.

"Same. I just woke up and felt like going outside. I miss the outdoors."

"Quidditch?" Cedric guessed.

"Actually... yeah." Amie nodded.

"I understand what you feel. I'll miss it this year too."

"But it'll still be a good year, don't you think? What with the Tournament and everything?" Amie asked.

"Yeah, I suppose it will," Cedric said, his eyes looking far off, a big smile on his face.

"Are you going to enter?" Amie asked.

"My friends think I should," said Cedric. "I want to, but at the same time I'm wondering if I've got what it takes,"

"Your dad was right, you know," Amie smiled. "You are modest. I know you are one of the smartest students in your year."

Cedric turned to look at her, dumbfounded.

"How do you know that?" he exclaimed.

"This is Hogwarts," Amie said. "Word gets around. Especially when it's about one of the hottest guys in the entire school,"

"You think I'm hot?" Cedric said, looking as if he wanted to smile, but at the same time he didn't believe her.

Amie looked at him incredulously.