St Barts

"Maybe it's just my type" ~ Molly Hooper

---

Clara Oswald eyes followed the black mob of hair and dramatic coat as Sherlock Holmes walked through Scotland Yard like he owned the place. They had taken a cab directly to the place and now seemed in search of whoever 'Lestrade' was. Clara was very excited, her only adventures were usually in novels. This whole solving mysterious murders got her adrenaline pumping though she told herself not to get too hyped up. They had only really just met, even if they seemed like they knew each other already. Clara found it fun flirting, teasing and watching Sherlock's arguments. She had to remind herself that she wasn't, whatever John was. She knew the two men had something special, though not in that way.

All three walked into an office where a grey haired, friendly looking man sat at a desk. 'Ah Lestrade, what happened?' Sherlock fired straight off.

'Hang on a minute, who's this?' Lestrade asked motioning to Clara.

The woman smiled and held out her hand. 'Clara Oswald, just tagging along for the day.'

'Greg Lestrade.' The officer shook it and smiled. 'Tag along with these lunatics? I can't fathom why?'

'Oh don't worry. His brother is paying me to keep an eye on him' Clara laughed grinning at Sherlock. The detective cleared his throat clearly impatient to get on with it.

'On right' Lestrade said and straightened his jacket. 'You like the funny cases, the strange ones right?'

'Obviously'.

'Well that explosion...'

'Yes' Sherlock said glaring at a darker skinned woman who walked in laden with files.

'Who's this?' She asked looking at the detective, 'another partner in crime?'

'Er no, I'm paid to supervise him,' Clara interrupted not liking the attitude of the woman at all.

'Must be good cash, I'm Sally Donovan' the two women shook hands as Clara also introduced herself. Sherlock sighed loudly spurring the man in charge to continue.

'So the explosion...'

'Yes.'

'Well not exactly,' said Lestrade. 'It was made to look like a gas leak'.

'What?' Exclaimed John wondering why anyone would be compelled to set off a bomb in Baker Street. He smiled to himself knowing one reason why everyone would want to and glanced briefly at his flatmate. Sherlock was now staring at a quite envelope in Greg's office.

'All that was left was a strong box - a very strong box - and inside was that' he gestured towards the letter.

'You haven't opened it?' Sherlock questioned picking up the paper.

'Well it's addressed to you isn't it?' Lestrade said. 'We've x-rayed it, it's not booby trapped.'

Sherlock mumbled about how reassuring that was then started looking at the envelope. In blue pen his name was written in cursive writing across the front. The detective started sniffing it and exchanged a few words with John about it while Clara and Lestrade talked.

'So how is it you met Holmes?' He asked crossing his arms and peering at the other men.

'Oh I got a job from his brother before Sherlock and I met but that isn't starting for ages. I also just moved in at 221c so I think the other Holmes is taking it for granted. I'm kind of babysitting those two for a while' she informed him, leaving out the Skype bit. That sounded too weird to strangers.