Chapter five

Parkers POV (first person)

I looked out the window as Aaliyah went inside. Karl got out of the car and didn't say a word.

After the conversation me and Aaliyah had, I'm thinking Karl has really changed. I mean, I was telling the truth, Karl would always tell people it's wrong to cheat in highschool. I guess he has changed, or maybe Karl is spending a night at a friends, who knows.

I'd only know if I was able to talk to him. And by the way he just let's Aaliyah do whatever she wants, and how late she's able to stay out, I don't want to talk to him.

When I was in highschool he looked like the perfect father figure. I knew I should of stuck with my gut and kept her.

Then I would be a different person, everything would be different. I wouldn't be alone.

Aaliyahs POV (First Person)

I went up to my room as I heard my dad screaming my name. I ran downstairs,

"What is it? Are you okay?"

"Yes Aaliyah, I'm fine. Where were you?"

"I was...At Katelyns house.."

"Really? Because I saw you walking from Parkers house for a quick second."

"I was...giving him a note."

He stared at me for a few moments. "Okay then. Goodnight." ,"Night, Dad".

I ran upstairs. Is this a dream? Did I Really just meet Parker? I looked up at my ceiling trying to think of what the hell just happened.

---

I've been staring at my ceiling for two and a half hours now. I can't fall asleep. Is it because of today....? Or the fact that I'm still in my clothes?

I got up and sat at my windowsill. Parkers still up. Talking to the stupid landlord.

Parkers window is pretty big so I can see a lot that goes on. I could tell the landlord was screaming. I don't even know his name, I think it's Andy or something like that.

Parker just seemed to stand there, trying to take everything in.

It was bothering me how Parker was just standing there, not saying a word. I stared at both of them blankly as my mind was leading else where.

Andy looked way older then Parker. Then again, Parker looks extremely young for his age. Andy looks about 40.

I opened my door and saw my dad sleeping in my mom's room with Eden. I tried to train my mind to think of something else other then sneaking out.

I shook my head and sat at the windowsill again. Well, I can't sleep, and I can hear Andy from here.

I have an idea.

I quietly ran downstairs and put on my shoes and ran outside. I was crossing the street but then something happened.

Andy literally had the nerve to punch Parker right in the face. I ran over to the house.

I knocked on the door, and Andy opened it. I put on the most fake smile I could. "Uh...Hi, may I help you Miss?"

"Uh...yes sir..uh, can you keep it down..? My uh...baby sister can't sleep."

"Can't sleep?"

I fiddled my thumbs, "uh....yeah. My mom sent me."

"Your mother?"

I nodded. "So your mother's home...correct?"

I nodded again. "So where do you live? I don't recall ever hearing of a baby, on our block."

"Well...sir"

"No no hon, Call me Andy."

I knew it. "Well...Andy. She's not really a baby. I guess I have to get out of the habit of calling her that. And I live right across the street."

"Really? I don't recall you living here. Why don't you come in?"

"Uh, no I don't think-", He cut me off, "no, no please come in, I'd like to get to know my neighbors."

"What's your name?"

"A-Aaliyah" I studdered.

What did I just get myself into?

Parkers POV( First Person)

I can't believe Aaliyah stepped in and did something like that. I knew she saw him punch me.

It didn't really hurt much but it made me realize something. I'm 31. It's like...I have am 18 year Olds mind though.

I have to admit, I look nothing like 31. I could pass off as 25 actually.

But Aaliyah looked really afraid. Probably because she doesn't know who Andy is and she just saw him punch me.

"So let's all sit." Andy said, "Aaliyah this is Parker, Parker this is Aaliyah."

She glanced nervously at me as I nodded. She looked so uneasy.

I sat down, so did Andy. Aaliyah didn't move. "It's Okay" I mouthed to her, as she slowly sat down next to me.

"So Aaliyah, your mother is home?"

"Uh. Yeah."

"Okay. She knows you're here?"

"Yeah.."

"Good. So how old are you Aaliyah?"

"I turned fourteen two weeks ago."

It's sad how I didnt know when her birthday is. Now I do, March 2nd.

"What school do you go to?"

"Ansley Way Highschool."

I literally wanted to scream. Andy teaches there.

"No way! I teach there! I teach Geometry!"

"Oh...I've never seen you...who are you?"

"Mr. Dyconzo?"

"Well, I've never heard of you but that's cool I guess."

I could tell she was weirded out. "Uh...well sir...I mean, Andy. Why exactly did you let me in here again?"

"I said, I like to get to know my neighbors."

"Mhmm. Okay. Well I have to go, I'm not suppose to be here long."

She looked really pale. I'm worried about her. What if she's having an asthma attack?

Then again, she wouldn't be able to breath that well. "Alright. I understand. It was nice meeting you Aaliyah."

Andy got up and opened the door for her. Aaliyah got up and waved at me and ran out. Andy looked back at me.

"You know her?"

I shook my head. "Well, whatever. I swear to God Parker if you don't give me the money by Thursday, you're out of here. Got it?"

He stormed out as I slowly closed the door.

What am I going to do...

_____________________________

Tbh ig forgot this book still existed. BUT I'M BACK ON TRACK.

CatSmilesForBandits_