Chapter 4

Where am I? People dressed in blue aprons with masks on their face. I hear a heart monitor in the distance and I heard someone say, "She's back." Then the whole room started cheering.

Minutes later everyone left out, only but a few people stayed in the room and adjusted my bed. I had been placed in a blue hospital gown.

"Hello Kaylee. My name is Doctor Shaye. Now.. If you can please answer the following questions for me that would help us out a lot." He told me as one of the nurses handed him a clipboard. He clicked his pen.

"Do you remember where you were before we brought you here?" He asked looking at me. I thought back but couldn't remember anything. Shaking my head, he wrote something down. "I'm sorry." I spoke.

"Okay, it's fine. Why-"

"Where's my family?" I asked looking around the room. He pressed his lips together as if he didn't like that question.

"They are in the waiting room-"

"Can I see them? Right now..?" My words slowly faded away. Moments later he walked out and in came Nathan, Ruth, grandpa, Miracle, and a few others.

We hugged and whatnot then we all looked towards the door at someone entering. It was Chase. He was also the closest thing to a real family.

*4 days later*

I had came home a few hours ago and now I'm laying in bed. My head has been hurting non-stop, but the doctor says that's a good thing because the pills he prescribed me was to relive any headache pain. So it's mostly from the pills.

Nathan hasn't been working much and instead he's been taking care of Ruth more now since I can't really move around.

As I was scrolling through Twitter, I came across the older women I had seen when I was in the hospital. It was on someone else's Twitter page. I clicked on her profile and it said Megan Herrera. She was pretty. Her eyes were a light brown, and she had blonde hair with brown tips. For her to have children she looked very young.

Being the nosy person I am I clicked on a picture of her and a another women. They were arm in arm smiling at the camera and what looked like Niagara falls in the back ground. She looked much younger, and so as I was reading the caption she put it said, 'Living it with my sister. #live'

They were so cute and in their plastic raincoats and boots. She tagged her name as Macy Collins in the photo.

I just had to comment on that picture. So I put heart eyes emoji's under the rest of the comments. She isn't going to have an idea of who I am.

I tapped on Macy's profile and it only showed a picture of mostly her and her family. The only kids I see are her sisters kids so I'm thinking that she's the one who doesn't have any. But one picture stood out as I went farther down locating the old ones. It was a baby girl. The photo was from eight years ago.

Didn't even knew Twitter was that old.

"Kaylee. Someone's at the door for you." Nathan smiled walking into the room with Ruth around his neck. As I got out of bed, we all walked into the living room and I seen Chase.

It's been a while since I've seen him. Well if you call four days a while.

Giving him a hug I smelled the scent of beer on him. "Dude, you smell."

"Yeah. I know."

I raised my eyes and looked at him confused, "So what brings you by?"

It was silent for a while and he pulled his phone out tapping on some things. "I think I may have found your mom."

3 hours later

We had been doing lots of research. The picture I had seen on Twitter was the women he had been referring to as my mom.

We went on Google and typed in Macy Collins. Plenty of pictures stood out, but it wasn't the women who I had seen in the profile picture. We looked farther and typed in Macy Herrera. It finally showed her.

We clicked on her and it lead us to some articles that had been written about her in the same year that I was born. So things clicked here.

"So she gave her daughter up for adoption at one, and it says in this article that she went to court to get her back but they didn't let her because of the drugs she did, and also because she was teen mom. This all happened in the year I was born." I said as we clicked on more information. Scoffing to myself with a smile, Chase literally jumped off of the couch from beside me when he pulled up her current address.

"530 Farefeild drive in... Miami, Florida!" I read to myself smiling. This made me want to cry. We cheered for a while, happy because we had found my real mom.

"I have to see her." I promised. Excitement went down the drain. "No, Kaylee. Wait, you don't even know if this is your real mom?" Nathan said grabbing my hand. I burrowed my eyes and let out a laugh.

"It's obvious, Nathan."

"So your going to go down the Miami, Florida because you assume that this women is your mother." He pointed towards the laptop. I threw my hands up by my side.

"Well, what else am I supposed to do?" I asked. He sighed.

"All I'm saying is that you don't even know if this is your real mom." That kind of hurted.

"There's only one way to find out. I'm going to Miami." I said with so much voice.

Feeling proud of myself I walked upstairs. I had finally got somewhere.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the wait love bugs. But I hope you loved this chapter and stay tuned in for the next chapter. I love you guys and have a wonderful day!