Chapter 2

After everything happening, its been a week later and finally its settled down. Nathans not home as much as he used to be, and Chase found his own place. That fast.. So I basically feel like a single mother at the time. 

Right now I'm sitting in the living room watching Ruth crawl around on the floor. I'm on my phone and its around 9:30. Nathan got off at 5. He was supposed to be here hours ago. I tried calling him and everything, even going up to his job. But nothing seems to bother. 

I turn my head to the door opening and seen it was Nathan.  He made eye contact with me. Not drunk at all. He walked over and picked up Ruth to give her a kiss without saying anything to me. Placed her down and walked upstairs. This has got to stop. 

After putting Ruth to sleep in her crib I turned off the light and left the door cracked then walked into our room and closed the door.

"We need to talk." He said as he took off his boots. I put my hands on my hips and looked at him. "I was gonna tell you the same thing."

His eyes made their way to me and he shifted his jaw.

"You first." We both said in unison. It was quiet for a while and the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

"So I'm just gonna get this out of the way. Okay, this coming home late after work is really annoying. And I'm not trying to be your mother or anything, but seriously.. You have a family. Responsibilities to take care of. Nathan it isn't helping us at all. We need to work together for Ruth. And for ourselves. I love you and I want you here." I said. He looked down at his shoe and once again it was quiet.

"I know. And Kaylee I'm sorry. It's just this is all hard to take in. A house, job, car, and a baby." He stood up and walked into the bathroom. I followed him.

"You were the one who told me you were gonna stick with me at the beginning. You  were the man who stood beside me while I gave birth to Ruth. How do you think I feel? I'm 19. Your 21. You should be more responsible than me. Baby, this is a part of growing up. We need to be there for her," I pointed towards the door. My eyes got teary. "We can't end like this. And we can't give up . You can't give up. We need you." I said. The only thing is that I'm trying to tell him is what's right.

He walked over to me and pulled me into a hug which only made me cry more. It feels good to have him hug me. I'm happy when I'm in his arms. He protects me.

                * Next Morning *

    Now that me and Nathan have everything straight things went pretty smoothly last night.

It'll be the three of us hanging out today, so this should be fun. We're having a family day out. Going to the mall, jump house, movies. Just you know, anything.

"Babe, you seen my boot?" He asked me looking at his foot. I laughed at his puzzled reaction. "You took it off in the room." I smiled. He thought for a second, and snapped running up to the stairs.

I walked up into Ruth's room to get her freshened up for the day. After I took her a bath, I put in a red and white outfit. Red short bottoms, a white T-shirt with a strawberry on it and placed her in some red and white baby booties. She was so cute I had to take a few pictures of her before getting myself ready.

I carried her into our room and placed her on the bed and she instantly crawled over to Nathan applying his boots on. Walking into the bathroom I ran the water to the shower and walked into the closet finding what I'm going to wear.

A pair of black leggings, and a Victoria secrets 'pink' shirt caught my attention. I put them on along with some white crystal sandals and I heard a loud scream then crying followed after.

Being the concerned mother I am, I ran into the room where Ruth roam freely. She was rolling on the ground crying to death. Nathan wasn't in the room at the time.

When I picked her up I almost started crying myself, seeing her face turn red and her eyes turned a little color. "NATHAN!" I yelled trying to get Ruth to stop screaming. He walked into the room and it was all over his face.

Thirty minutes later we walked out of the house. Our morning went smooth yet, very alarming. After we settled down with

When we got in the truck and pulled out of the driveway I got a message from miracle.

"Miracle just texted me and said there's a party tonight. She asked me if we wanted to go with her and Bradley. Wanna go?" I turned to him.  He smiled.

"Yeah! It's been a long time since we've been to a party." He said with so much enthusiasm on his face. It was true that we hadn't been to a party since Ruth was born. Our life revolved around her and each other.

I nodded to myself and texted back Miracle. Tonight is going to be a blast.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

So woahh... Its been a while since the last update.. So there you guys go and thanks for being awesome and so patient. I love you guys and thanks for everything! Look forwards to the next update and it will be heading your way soonnn!! And sorry for any errors!!