Chapter 8

Niall's P.O.V

I stumbled cautiously down the hall my legs wobbling. The walls looked like they were crying blood through my tear filled eyes, everything swaying from side to side slightly. I threw my arm out trying to find the wall but just toppled over onto the ground. I tried to scramble to my feet as quickly as possible but that didn't seem to be possible. Everything seemed to be going in slow motion as I gripped the wall and attempted to pull myself upright.

Terrified and cautious of my surroundings I looked behind me, sucking in a breathe as I did. Standing but a few steps away from me was a lanky fellow with oh so familiar chocolate curls. The emerald green eyes stared firmly at me, hands clasped into tight fists at his sides and a sly smile on his face. It wasn't genuine or comforting it was scary and unattractive. Red crimson blood dripped down the side of his mouth onto the hard wood floor. The only sound you could hear throughout the house was the drip drip sound it made on contact.

I shivered under his tough glare before forcing myself into a sprint. The deep bite wound on my neck seemed to throb more as a pumped my arms to move faster through the large house. The lights flickered above me continuously until they went out completely. I forced myself to keep running though. The faint light coming from the windows was enough to help me navigate my way through the maze like halls.

I passed by the portrait of Louis and knew I was nearing the door. That was all the hope I needed to force myself into a quicker sprint and raced to the awaiting door. The crimson walls seemed to be closing in on me as all the doors in the hall slammed open revealing vacant bedrooms and offices. Then I saw it, the large two door entrance and a very audible groan of victory came out of my throat. The clear wood kept getting closer and closer to me and I was nearly jumping for joy.

I was centimeters away now, heart beating fast and breathe leaving me in short, rough pants. Just as my arm shot out to grab the door knob a figure appeared in front of me and my head slammed right into thier chest.

I fell back onto my behind with a terrified look upon my face, a small chant of "no,no,no," left my mouth as I looked into those taunting green eyes. A shit eating grin on his face as he crouched in front of my retreating form.

"No need to be afraid, Naill. I'm not going to hurt you," Harry said, that same grin still on his face.

I tried to stand and run away again but this time he grabbed me by the waist and held me in place. His face was leveled with mine as he shifted closer to me, grazing his teeth over the still sensitive skin of the bite wound. I hised lightly into his ear trying to squirm out of his grip but to no avail.

"Stop moving, it'll hurt more if you fight it." My eyes popped wide open just as his fangs sank into the already open skin.

I shot up in the bed slightly panting and weezing. I was drenched from head to toe in a cold sweat leaving me shivering uncomfortably in Louis's large sweater. My head shot from side to side, searching the room for that painfully frightening head of curls but came up empty handed, fortunately for me.

I sat up right, pressing the palms of my hands into my closed eyes. My mind still whirling with my nightmare.

That's when I remembered I wasn't in my home, nor was I in my bed.

I peeked through my fingers down to the bed beside me to find it empty. My body slumped a little bit in disappointement, hoping that Louis wasn't too far away because I'd really like a good morning kiss. Especially after that horrible nightmare. I shivered in remembrance.

I crept slowly out of the bed trying desperately to not let it squeak as I moved but unlucky for me it squeaked louder than the previous night. Thankfully the floor was a little more stable and allowed me to walk on it without any protests. I tip toed over to the door and carefully placed my ear against it, trying to hear if there was anyone else out there. But once I heard silence I decided against leaving the room. I walked back over to the bed and slowly took a seat, staring at Louis' large, clean room.