Chapter 4

Louis's P.O.V

I stared into his cerulean blue eyes as I leant down, nearing the bite mark on his neck. I could tell he was getting nervous, no longer in the moment. But I ignored that and continued on my way to his neck. I kept my eyes on his as my lips pressed ever so lightly to the wound. He gasped loudly, from pain. His eyes fluttered shut seconds later and he went limb in my arms. I held onto his lifeless body, watching as the wound slowly healed itself on his neck. Seconds later there was nothing more than a drop of blood left where the mark once was.

Every single vampire had the power to heal, some were better at it than others. I was one of the better ones. I did it through the touch of my lips, I rarely did it but I thought it was necessary with Niall. I could tell he was in pain and I didn't like seeing him like that. I had a soft spot for the Irish lad.

I knew that once he's woken up he'll remember everything that I compelled him to forget, but it was worth it in the end. If he liked me the way I liked him he wouldn't be afraid of me like so many other humans were.

I watched as he slept, how his mouth was sightly opened and his eyes moved visibly under his closed lids.

I lifted him up into my arms and carried him out of the dingy alleyway. I held him bridal style as I zipped over to the high school where I laid him down and placed him beneath a tree. His head resting in my lap.

His face was pale and cold from the breeze and he shivered every once in while, still unconscious. I couldn't bring myself to stand up and leave him alone, unprotected from lurking souls. But I knew he couldn't wake up to him in my embrace. He would remember me, seeing me would scare him off. I needed to give him space. On the other hand I didn't want to leave the poor blond alone to care for himself. I quickly decided that I was going to help him when he woke up, even if I knew he would try to run away from me.

As i was caught in my thoughts I failed to notice that Niall was starting to wake up until it was too late.

I looked down at his squirming figure. His piercing blue eyes flew open staring into mine, panic and fear making there way into his once calm eyes.

he bolted to his feet and slowly and wobbly backed away from my seated form.

"Whats wrong, babe?" I asked with a mysterious grin making its way onto my face.

Niall's P.O.V

My eyes widened at his stupid question. How could someone be so clueless? I shook my head at the awaiting boy in disbelief.

"Are you seriously asking me this right now?" I cocked an eyebrow at him making an angelic sound fall from his plump lips. I couldn't deny that his laugh was the most amazing sound I had ever heard in my life. For an instant I let my mind wander to the sound of his laugh but I soon remembered I was supposed to be mad at this beautiful person sitting in front of me.

"Love, I wouldn't have asked if I knew what in God's name you were talking about," he spoke with an evil grin spreading on his porcelain face. I rolled my eyes at the ignorant lad.

"Am I wrong in saying that you and your little friends tried to have me for a snack this afternoon?" My voice getting higher at the end with annoyance and nerves.

He seemed to stop and think for a moment before answering my oh so simple question. "What would make you say something like that?" His grin grew wider.

My hand flew up to met with the skin on my neck searching for the bite mark that was for sure going to become a scar later on. My hands came up empty, finding nothing but a small drop of dried blood on my neck. My brows furrowed with confusion.