Chapter 3

Niall's P.O.V

I don't remember falling asleep, but when I woke up I had a splitting headache and my neck was throbbing. I lifted my hand to my neck to find it bandaged, I frowned at the memory of falling in the street and being cut by broken glass. I groaned as I stood to my feet, my head pounding.

I went into my bathroom and winced as I flicked the lights on. I grabbed an aspirin bottle out of my medicine cabinet and chugged down two pills. I stared back into the mirror, looking at the reflection. My hair was in every direction and my eyes were blood shot red. It looked like I had a hangover, but I knew thats not what it was.

The doorbell sounded from down stairs, making my now settled brain to start pounding once again. I slowly made my way down the stairs to the front door. I could clearly see Ed's bright red head through the glass. I opened the door for him, not even greeting him before making my way to the couch.

"What happened to you? You look like you were hit by a train," His british accent piercing my ears like a knife. I groaned and threw a pillow over my head. "Whats that on your neck?" He asked, concern filling his now low voice.

"Uh, I fell on glass on the way home." I said, telling the truth.

"You don't seem to be telling the truth, mate." I peeked through the pillow to look at his frowning face. I shrugged.

"Believe what you want. Now, why are you here?" I asked curious.

"Party remember?" My eyes widened and yet another groan escaped my lips.

"You promised, Niall." He whined, I nodded and got up.

"Fine, just give me a second I need to take a shower and get ready. More or less 30 minutes. yeah?" I asked, really not wanting to go out tonight whatsoever, I felt like utter shit.

Ed nodded before I left to get ready.

I knew that tonight was going to be long.

Louis' P.O.V

I don't know why but Harry wanted to go out tonight, he had a strong urge to meet some random girl and get with them, maybe have a snack at the same time. He had over heard some conversation at the high school today about a house party not too far away, held by some kid named Sam. Seemed interesting enough.

I was in my dark gloomy bedroom. I was shirtless and glaring aimlessly at myself in the mirror. My abs were nothing special, nor was anything else about me. I guess the only reason any girl or guy turned their attention towards me was because I was mysterious and well preserved. That must have been why Niall was looking at me so intently this afternoon.

None of the boys had brought up Niall or the incident from this afternoon. As much as I didn't want them to bring it up I did. I did because I wanted to know what they would think if I actually got together with Niall, if Niall actually wanted me back. The thought sent shivers down my spine. What if he did want me back? What if I gave him tingly feelings in his gut too? What if? I smiled to myself. Could it be?

I grabbed a black v-neck and some black skinny jeans and slipped them on before quickly fixing my hair. I Ieft my room to go find the rest of the lads so we could leave and get this whole night over with.

All three of them were silently sitting on the couch waiting for me. I was always the last to be ready.

------------

The party was a bust. No one was here, or no one I remotely seemed interested in. Harry had found some guy who tickled his fancy. Liam and Zayn ran off to have a "snack" and I was left all alone to stand in the corner like a morbid creep.