CHAPTER ONE : Begin this life anew

A/N : English is not my first languange so I'm really sorry if there's any grammar error. It took some time for me to come up with the opening. Even in essays I took a really long time to come up with the opening lol. But I hope it does'nt sound too awkward to you guys. Hope you guys enjoy the first chapter in The King and The Knight.

Lightning's POV

Finally at this very end, we've finished our Focus. We've defeated the Orphan.

But Fang and Vanille isn't here with us. They've sacrificed themselves to become this crystal pillar that would hold onto Cocoon from falling.

A miracle happened. We're all still alive. We are not in crystal statis anymore.

I did'nt believe much at first, but then when I saw Serah walking with Sazh's son Dajh towards our way, I can't stop smiling. I can't describe how grateful I was, to be able to see Serah again.

"Serah, I'm sorry"

We hugged each other, as we've been apart from each other for far too long.

I felt relieved,and happy was there too.

Miracles do come, when we turn our wishes to promises. They come to the ones who work for it.

This fight has just ended.

But somehow I felt uneasy deep inside.

A new battle was about to begin.

The time around me stopped. All of them just...  froze. I look around and there was a dark mist all over the place. Somehow I felt like I was being torn apart from this world.

One thing I knew that when I gain my concious, I was on this other place called Valhalla.

All around me was the sea water. I saw a temple ahead, and decided to go there to find the answers I needed.

On my way there, I saw visions of a person that looks a lot like me. But she wears an armor. First I saw her at the shore when I tried to walk all to the other side of the beach. This one, she was with Odin, heading to the temple.

I realized that the time does not exist around here. It ceased to move in this world. The surrounding was so calm. I could'nt even feel how long I was there since I've arrived.

After a long walk, I was at the front of the temple. At first I was hesitate to go in but I know that I have to.

I want to know why I was here. I need to go back to where I should be. I want to see Serah again.

I climb and climb through the steep stairs. It looks ancient, but still it looked divine.

Then I saw those one of the visions again, she was walking towards the crystal at the top floor with Odin beside her. Her face was...  sad.

When I reach at the highest floor, I went over to the crystal and touch it. It gave a soft and warm shine glow, like it was welcoming me. I saw a young man, with black messy hair and blue eyes. But much more darker than mine. The place I saw was a kingdom, in the future of this world full with wars and destruction.

This crystal is dying. Whatever it is, it wants me to save it from those cruel humans who seek the power from it.

I felt the Goddess's presence after that. I heard Her voice. Etro wants me to help this person to protect his kingdom.

She promised me that when I finish this quest She asked of me, I would see Serah again. That's all that I need to hear.

I agreed to help the young man.

As long as She fulfill Her promise to me.