Chapter 4: "Gryffindor vs Slytherin"

Harry Pov;

I walked out onto the Quidditch field, the crowd roaring, every eye following us as we hopped onto our brooms and took flight into the air.

It's the match between Slytherin and Gryffindor.

I flew through the air, doing loops and other tricks to put on a little show for the crowd.

"GO GRYFFINDOR!!" I heard Hermione scream from one of the stands and I smiled.

Slytherin began flying up into the air, doing laps around us. Their new brooms were fast.

Cheering came from the other side of the field as soon as they came on.

I flew to my position as everyone else did the same, the whistle blew and the game commenced.

I dodged right then left as people went swooping past me.

We were winning by 2 points but Slytherin was quickly catching up.

I examined the ring for the golden snitch, Malfoy doing the same from a few meters away from me.

The snitch flew past me and I turned racing to catch it. Draco spotted me chasing it and too flew after me.

He caught up, flying beside me. Occasionally bumping into me, trying to throw me off.

"LOOKS LIKE THE GOLDEN SNITCH HAS BEEN SPOTTED BY EACH TEAMS SEEKER! HOW WILL THINGS TURN OUT?" The announcer spoke.

"Not this time Potter." Malfoy spat as he sped up a little.

I pushed forward on my broom trying to catch up to him, I zoomed up beside him, then up to follow the snitch.

"Don't underestimate me." I spat at him pushing his broom a little.

"I know better then to underestimate you," He smirked at me.

"EACH SEEKER IS GETTING CLOSER TO THE SNITCH" The announcer interrupted.

What was that supposed to mean? That doesn't matter, I need to focus on catching the snitch.

I managed to race a head of Malfoy and close the gap more between the snitch and I.

I glanced to my side, Malfoy of course closing in on me again.

He caught up but I was already reaching for the snitch which is only an inch away.

"I love you." Draco whispered into my ear.

WHAT. I stopped my broom and Draco kept flying forward laughing.

He lent forward and grabbed the snitch in his hand. The crowd screamed.

Did he just say he loved me? No. Not possible. Malfoy's just being Malfoy and used that to distract me...that or I heard him wrong. Either way it worked.

How could I let him catch me off guard like that. My chest was beating fast... From playing Quidditch of course. Nothing else. I'm not flustered.

"SLYTHERIN CATCHES THE GOLDEN SNITCH AND WINS THE GAME!"

I groaned and flew down to the grass with my team. I can't believe I let him do that to me.

"What was that about, Harry?" Ron asked me as he landed on the ground.

"N-nothing. Sorry guys." I apologized.

"Don't worry, there's always next time." The team patted me on the shoulder.

Malfoy walked by me bumping me. "That's what happens when you get distracted." He winked and continued forward.

I was sweating and my heart was still beating fast. Like I said... Not because of Malfoy. No, that'd be stupid. But maybe... No. It meant nothing.

Or did it?