Chapter 13- 'Frankie, not in front of the people who have penises!'

Start from the beginning

“That’s different.”

“How?”

“Well you have them so you know what they really are. I’m a guy, in order to stop myself from throwing up and questioning what happens to my favourite place in the world once a month…” he pointed between mine and Frankie’s crotch “…I imagine its glitter.”

Alex, Jaden and Archie all laughed at the logic of their friend whereas Frankie stared back dumbfounded. She opened her mouth to reply but judging from her deer caught in the headlights expression she had no idea what a response for that could be. In the end, she shook her head telling us she gave up with that boy.

She threw the bloodied cloth at him, still shaking her head and raising her hands to her head.

“I give up.” She declared, before pointing at me “You, outside.”

My brows shot up at her demanding tone “Are we going to duel?”

She narrowed her eyes and glared “Just come outside smartass.”

I couldn’t help the amused smile as I obliged with her request and followed her out.

“Don’t go too far.” Archie’s voice warned, and my amused smile just widened as I glanced at him.

“I won’t dad.” I replied in my sweetest tone.

A smirk appeared on his mouth “Say that again but this time say daddy.”

Before I had a chance to respond and show Archie a few other names apart from daddy I could call him, Frankie stepped in front of me and closed the door. I quickly glanced around the canteen making sure there was no one here. As I said it was very open and unless the killer was hiding underneath one of the tables, we would know he was here.

I turned to Frankie, cocking my head genuinely curious as to why she dragged me out here for this private chat.

“You have to tell them.” Frankie blurted out, and my curiosity turned into confusion.

“Tell who what?”

She looked at me in amazement “Really?” I stared back at her dumfounded and shrugged, genuinely having no clue as to what she was going on about. She rolled her eyes “You have to tell Hot and Hotter in there that your father is sticking it to their mother.”

My jaw dropped open and I didn’t know if it was because of what Frankie had just suggested I do, or because of the delicate way she worded it.

“Why the hell would I do that now? I think we have more pressing matters on our hands.” I replied back bitterly, reminding her that my adultering pig of a father was the least of our worries if we ever made out it of this school alive.

“You have to tell them because of what’s going on.” She explained, and I didn’t know whether I was more pissed off or baffled at what she was saying. “You don’t think this is all a little weird?”

I clenched my jaw and looked at her with a flat expression “Just a little, it’s not every day you’re held hostage in your own school by a crazy man with a knife.”

She stared back at me with my own expression, clearly not impressed with my sarcasm. It was a little creepy; it felt like I was looking at a mirror when she gave me that ‘not impressed’ look. We were definitely too close if we shared facial expressions.

“Think about it Summer, all these messages about secrets? Love thy neighbour?” She decided to ignore my sarcasm and continue to back up her point “All a little bit of a coincidence considering your dad was loving his neighbour a little too much.”