12: "What are you so afraid of?"

I was sitting on Alex's couch waiting for him to come home. He was going to follow me back to his house in case Caleb was still looking for me. It was the sweetest thing I had ever had anyone offer. He was trying to take care of me, but it hadn't stopped me from looking over my shoulder the entire time I was walking here. I took the long way just to make sure I avoided my actual apartment.

"Kelsey?" I heard Alex ask as he walked through the door.

"I'm in here." I said as I moved from the couch and automatically went to hug him. I wanted to thank him for caring and taking care of me, but I mostly just wanted to be near him again.

He had spent all week being cold and distant to me that I didn't know what to do. I wrapped my arms around his torso, which took him by surprise as he took a step back to catch himself. I heard him chuckle slightly as he wrapped his arms around me and placed his chin on my head.

We swayed slightly as we embraced, neither of us wanting to let go of the other. I felt Alex bury his face in my hair and kiss the top of my head before he let go. I was left staring at his piercing emerald eyes that sent my heart into a flutter. I saw him lick his lip as he stared at me. I closed the distance between us and slammed my lips to his in a needy passion.

His lips instantly reacted to mine and kissed back as his fingers tangled into my hair. I molded my body against him as we attempted to pull the other even closer. I felt a smile twitch onto his lips as a soft moan escaped my lips. I wanted to pull away just to see his smile, he had the most perfect smile, but I fought it to keep the kiss. He pulled me as close as he could before he ended the kiss and took a few steps away from me.

"I told you we couldn't pretend like it didn't happen." I said as I watched Alex try to catch his breath after our passionate kiss. I had never felt passion like that before, so primal and carnal.

"No we can't." Alex finally admitted. I thought I would have to set him on fire for him to admit that he couldn't just pretend it didn't happen. "We can't, because I want it to happen again, but it has to stop Kelsey."

"Why?"

"Because you're a student and I'm you're teacher! There are rules against what we're doing!"

"I will be transferring for my next year, would it be allowed then?" I asked. I flinched slightly as I heard the pleading in my tone.

"Why are you transferring next year?" Alex asked completely trying to move on from the original topic.

"Because Caleb now knows where I am and I can't have that. He will transfer here next year and I can't be around him."

"Why?"

"He's my ex." I stated after a few moments of awkward silence. Alex waited while I shifted my position to get comfortable. "I left him and he can't handle it."

"It seems as if you can't handle it either. I didn't like how he touched you." Alex said closing the space between us again. "It made me angry to have him touch you when you so clearly didn't want it, unlike now." He said as he lightly stroked my cheek, making me swoon, as his lips got closer to me.

"I know you won't hurt me." I stuttered as his lips planted light kisses along my jaw line. My body was begging to be touched by him, to be loved by him, he was all I wanted.

"I wouldn't dream of it." He whispered as he continued to kiss me.

"I will still need to transfer Alex. I can't be near him again, I won't live through being near him again."

"He's the one that hurt you so badly."

"Yes, he tried to control me." I said, causing Alex to laugh slightly.