Chapter 5

When the maid called me to wake me up, I was already awake. I hadn't slept last night. My thoughts kept running to my father, my mother and the bag beneath me. I had decided to put the other stuff with the weapons in the bag. I imagined that that would be the safest thing to do.

Today I was moving to my other room. I was still figuring out how in the hell I would get the bag unseen to my new bedroom. I knew Blake knows the castle better than anyone else, but I wasn't sure if I could trust him with this.

I got my breakfast in the kitchen and hurried back to pack my stuff. It didn't take too long, but it needed to be done.

While packing, I weighed my options. I could tell Blake, but he could rat me out. Or I could try to do it myself with the big chance of getting lost or being caught.

I realized I hadn't much choice. I had to trust Blake.

I went looking for him. While proceeding down the hallway I realized that I had never been to his chambers before. I guessed it had to be quite big and luxurious.
I wandered around and by asking a guard where Blake was located, I found him.

His door was open so I knocked and walked in.
"Who's there?" asked Blake while sitting on his bed.
"Adelaide." I answered.
He immediately turned around and stood up.
"Adelaide, er... I.. Uh... Didn't expect you here!"
"Well, here I am and I need you."
He looked a bit startled but at the same time it seemed like he had always known that I would come to him for help.
"Uhm.. Sit down. What do you need me to do?"
I told him that I  would be moving today and I needed to move a bag as well, but without letting people see that I did.
He said: "Okay, sure."
I looked at him and said: "Okay, sure? You don't want to known why? Or what's in the bag?"
"No." He said simply.
I figured I had to trust him.

So we walked back to my room and I got the bag.
"The plan is that we take the bag through the garden and back up through the service-entrance and then we walk as fast as we can to my chambers." He said while he took the bag and threw it on his back.
"Your chambers?!" I said indignantly.
"You didn't notice? The maids are payed to search through your stuff and they're obligated to report back to the king. I've earned his trust through the years so they leave my chambers alone."
I was shocked. The king was secretly spying on me?! And I didn't even notice! I didn't respond to Blake, while still processing this discovery.

We walked just as Blake told me to. Through the garden, through the service-entrance and to his chambers. I was glad that Blake was with me, because there was no way that I had ever found the paths and the entrances.

When we arrived in his chambers we hid the bag and I said: "Thank you. I appreciate this."
"No problem." He answered.
I left the room and walked to my new chambers. I figured they had to be done with moving right about now.
><><><><><><><><><><><><><

I was walking in the last hall when I reached my new chambers. The door was massive and it stood on a jar. Slowly I pushed against the door, not really knowing what to expect.

It was stunning..

On the floor were multiple rugs with a turquoise and purple pattern. Across the room stood a huge closet with -probably- all my clothes. Against the left wall stood a magnificent queen-sized bed with a bordeaux-red duvet.
And lastly: an enormous window with an amazing view of the garden and even a bit of the town around the castle grounds.

I checked if everything was in place and then I collapsed onto the bed.
I was exhausted.

That night I dreamed about my father and the village he went to. In the end of the dream, my father walked towards a vague figure. When he got closer, I noticed that the figure had a sword, ready to be used. And when my father was just inches away I saw the face of the figure.

It was me.
And while I looked into my eyes, I killed my father.

><><><><><><><><><><><
That was all for today! I hope you enjoyed! I'm so pumped to writing the next chapter because some really exciting developments are going to occur...

With love,
Josien