“I want to finish,” I nodded sadly at him and let him go. I went back to my seat and sat down next to Emilia. “For those who didn’t know, that was Raul and six months ago before my brother was deployed. He proposed to Raul, they were planning to have a simple and intimate ceremony when he got back.”

           “Dylan where are you taking me?” I said as he led me somewhere blind-folded, he knew I hated surprises. I could hear birds chirping and water trickling, I was trying to remember what place could be, but nothing was coming to me.  “Dylan we have been walking around forever!” I whined. He finally stopped walking and stood behind me, his hot breath fanned the back of my neck.

          “Ok we are here,” he said as he untied the blind-fold. I opened my eyes and saw we were at Portland Japanese garden. It’s been a long time since I have been here, in fact the last time I was here was a year ago.

           “Oh my god Dylan it’s be forever since I have been here.” I said as I looked over the side of the stone bridge we stood on.

          “I know, it’s been exactly a year which also mean it’s been one year since we had our first date this very bridge.”  I smiled and turned to face him, I gasped as I saw him get down on one knee. He took my left hand in his and kissed it.

          “Dylan what are you doing?” he chuckled and smiled at me.

         “One year ago I met this amazing guy, he was more than I thought I deserved. He’s kind, handsome and sexy but most of all he loves Me.” Tears rolled down my face, “I’m lucky to have him in life but I’ll be luckier once he answers me this question.”

          “What’s the question?” he let go of my hand and reached into his pocket, he pulled out a small black velvet box. He opened the box and inside sat a simple sliver band with a small diamond. It was perfect and beautiful.

          “Will you marry me?” He took the ring out of the black velvet box, he held it as he waited for my answer. I smiled at him and nodded my head.

        “Yes,” he smiled as he took my left hand and slipped the ring on. He stood up and wrapped his arms around my waist, I locked my arms around his neck. He kissed me deeply.

         “I can’t wait until I tell my family, they have been asking when I was going to propose to you. I’m so lucky to have you in my life and don’t worry I will buy you a bigger diamond one day.” he said before he kissed me again. “I love you so much Raul.”

        “I love you too Dylan and I don’t want a bigger diamond. This one is just perfect and I will always love it.” I kissed him again, “You’re everything I wanted.”

        I swallowed back the lump that was forming in my throat as I looked at my engagement ring. “I remember the day he told me about Raul; I had never seen him so happy. When he finally brought Raul home for us to meet, we saw what Dylan saw in him. He is everything my brother wanted and then some; he quickly became another brother to me.”

         By now the tears rolled down my face, there was no way to stop them. The more he talked, the faster they fell. I lost my one and only and it wasn’t fair, we were supposed to be together forever. Now I was left here alone with a hole in my heart no one can ever fill like he did. I looked down at my engagement ring again; it wasn’t anything fancy but a simple silver band with a single diamond. Most wouldn’t think much of it but it meant everything to me.