Chapter 18 - Man Purses Are Satchels

Alana-Rose's Perspective

We were standing in the middle of a boardwalk, with random people walking around us, staring. They were probably wondering why the hell we were just standing here since it was very hazardous and they were probably also staring because... Well Robert is fucking RDJ for crying out loud.

I clenched my jaw, not exactly knowing what to do. Robert helped me make up my mind. He hooked his arm in mine and pulled me to the sandy area of the beach, beckoning Susan to follow. I watched as she cautiously followed us, her hair in a ponytail. She was wearing tights and a shorts bra with a see-through jogging shirt on top. I rolled my eyes.

Slut.

Robert motioned for Susan to stop following us and then dragged me further away. I grimaced when he pulled away.

"Ow!" I yelled at him. I rotated my unbroken arm, still sore. "Fucking..." I groaned.

I looked up at him pointedly. "What are you doing?" He shook his head, shrugging. "Lets go! Let's go to the car."

"I have to see what she wants." He uttered. I frowned, squinting my eyes though shades were over them.

"What? Can you repeat that, 'cause I think you just something fucking insane." He sighed.

"Lana."

I shook my head. "Did you not hear what I said back there, in that stupid tourism shack? I have had a goddamned revelation, an epiphany, if you will, on my life for the past month. Shit that I didn't even remember has come back to me now!! MEANING, I can remember the fucking hell this woman has put us through."

He frowned. "Alana."

I sighed, placing my hands on my hips. "Don't... don't do this, Robert."

"Do what?" He asked, looking lost. "I don't even know what you're saying!"

"Don't fall into her stupid trap. It's a trap, dammit. You're gonna back into her world, and she's gonna say she'll never cheat again, she'll tell you lies. More stupid lies, and you'll believe her, like a stupid little man."

"I'm not stupid." He said, walking up to me. "I just want to talk to her, for two minutes." He grasped my shoulders and cocked his head.

I swallowed. "I don't... I'm not gonna let her take you."

"No one is taking me away from you, Alana-Rose." I scoffed.

"Right, sure, of course. Talk to her. Go. Go and see. Watch, I'm gonna have to go all ballistic on her ass, because your stupid butt is gonna fall for it. And I'm gonna have to rescue you. I'm gonna have to rescue you all over again." He gave me a small smile.

"Will you, now?" I nodded once. "Why?" He whispered.

"Because, I..." I stopped myself. I blinked. "Because you're cool."

Robert shook his head. He looked behind him towards Susan who was watching me, looking annoyed. Robert turned back to me.

"Well, I guess if I'm just cool, then I have the strength to go over there." I grabbed his arm.

"I love you." I blurted. His eyebrows raised and he softened. "I'm gonna have to rescue you again because I love you, Robert." He took off his glasses.

His eyes were all wet and glassy. Oh, crap. Was he crying??

He took my hand and kissed it. "I have been waiting to hear you say that." He smiled down at me and I gave him a smirk.

Robert squeezed my hand and brought me towards Susan. I clenched his hand. God, I... didn't even know what to do... this woman...

Dammit.