Chapter 22 - Part 1 - Fruit Salad

Alana' s POV

I sat on a stool by the island, picking all the bananas out of the fruit salad first, chewing each of them carefully. I looked up, smiling. Tom groaned.

"What do you insist on doing that?" He asked, taking a strawberry and throwing it in his mouth.

"Because." He laughed, that precious ehehehe.

"We're supposed to be sharing, Lana." He complained, a mock pout on his lips. I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, Hiddles. This is my fruit salad, you didn't even ask to have any." I told him, pulling the bowl out of his reach. He raised an eyebrow.

"Is that so?"

I nodded. "You're free to help yourself to whatever is in the fridge, though." I smiled at his incredulous expression.

"But I want some fruit." He initiated, reaching for the bowl, but the counter was separating us, and I swung the bowl of food away from him.

"Sucks to suck, Hiddleston." He glared at me.

"Rose."

"No." I said, watching him as I chewed on a grape, moaning. He bit his lip.

"That's not the answer I wanted, love." He told me, making his way around the counter. I felt my eyes widen as his blue eyes glinted mischievously.

"Tom." I warned. I slowly removed myself from the stool, watching his movements carefully.

"Still reluctant to share, are we, then?" I quickly placed bowl on the island before making a run for it, dashing into the den, with Tom yelling behind me.

I squealed, jumping over the ottoman, and landing rather gracefully, continuing to flee, hearing Tom's feet hit the ground behind me, his own laughter echoing my own.

Before I knew it, though, I was cut off, running almost smack dab into the laundry room. Damn, the house was only one story. Shit. I forgot.

Tom's chuckle made me jump. He sighed, out of breath. He made his way towards me and I scrambled against the door, shrinking away. He stooped down, picking me up bridal style as a giggled incessantly.

"You suck!!" I screamed as he dropped me onto the couch. He sat down next to me, pressing a kiss to my cheek.

"I only wanted another strawberry." He complained. I shook my head, laying against his chest. He pulled me closer, his arms wrapped securely around me.

"Tom?" I asked quietly. He kissed my hair.

"Hmm?"

"Did my da--" I cleared my throat hastily, unable to say it. "Did Robert tell you happened? Um, between us?"

I felt Tom playing with some of my waves. "No... He just said that you weren't at his house and that you were over Gywneth' s. That's how I found you."

I sat up but Tom kept his grip on me. I looked at his face, confused.

"But he never told you why I was here?" Tom frowned.

"No, love." I looked away. "Why? What's wrong?" He smoothes my bangs away from my face. "Does it have to do with what you said earlier? Something about Robert leaving you?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose, closing my eyes. Tom squeezed me reassuringly. "I'm here, darling. I'm here."

I opened my eyes, some lone tears spilling from my eyes. Tom's fingers were instantly wiping them away. I held his hand to my face, leaning into his touch and he smiled.

"Want to talk about it?" I shook my head.

"Not really." I confessed. Tom nodded, looking up at face, his eyes searching mine.

"You look tired."

"That's because I am." Tom reached over to get the quilt I had earlier, wrapping me inside of it, his careful fingers gentle and loving. I smiled at him, watching as he places a pillow in his lap and motions for me to lay down. I kiss him softly and he laughs.

"Come on." He says again. I roll my eyes but lay down, settling and he wraps one of his arms around me, leaning back into the couch. He flicks on the television with the remote, turning it down as he scans through the television guide.

"Get some rest, love."

I can already feel myself drifting off. I snuggle against his chest, closing my eyes. "You'll be here when I wake up?"

Tom leans down to kiss my forehead and says "Yes, love. I promise."

-----------------

Just a bit of fluff, I couldn't resist when I saw all the comments about Tolana. Lol. Tolana. You guys are so funny.

I think I will be posting the next bit in a few, but it will be centered more around Gwyneth and Robert when Gywn arrives at Robert's place for Lana' s clothes.

What do you guys really want to see I the next chapter with Robert and Gyeneth? Best idea gets put in the next part.

Did you all like this? I hope I did alright.

-Bea <3