My Friends, My Home

"What? WHAT!?"

"First he thought: 'These chicks are hot' then he thought, when he was staring at Kayla: 'I would dump Breea I a minute, cause you got it all: fame, money, and a drop-dead- hot- body. Baby, I'd dump her for you!!' And when she said "-okay?" his mind said 'Of course, I'll be yours.' (Then he glanced at Breea) 'Good thing she's not a mind reader...' He wanted Kayla! And by his tone... he thought she'd want him! As if." She busts out laughing, this time with everyone else.

When the laughter dies down, I jump up, run to the door, and I say, "Let's go dance!!"

In a flash Dylan's next to me (thanks to vamp speed), and everyone else is getting up.

I throw open the door, and run to the DJ station, with Dylan in tow. The VIP room is half full with my famous people, old friends, and extremely rich supernaturals. All you can hear is chatter. There is no music- yet.

"Hey, party people you want some music, want to dance? Make your way to the dance floor, 'Cause we wanna ROCK! Let's get this party started! Jakey take it away." I say into the microphone. (Jakey's my paid DJ)

And he does.

Dylan and I dance most of the night.

The rest of The Shade looks like their having fun too. I call it quits around four, and Dylan called it quits a half hour ago, and went to our apartment.

I wave to the remaining two 'Shades- Makenzie, and Jordan (best friends) - that I can see. Then head for The Shade's lounge.

I had this building built with secret hallways in between the different parts. There's one between Nightfall and the hallways, and my apartments. The buildings T shaped, with Nightfall in the front, then my apartments [one on each side to block sight of Daybreak] and Daybreak, which is sorta hidden, to look like there's nothing there.

To get to Nightfall, you come in off a main road. But to get to Daybreak, you need to go off the main road, on to a deserted street, turn left twice (at each first road), and turn into the hidden parking lot.

I yawn into my hand, and then open the door.

What is it with me and walking in on kissing? You would think I didn't have my own life. Breea and Adam, the monitors... right now...

"GET---"

I raise an eyebrow.

"Hey Kayla....." says Jacy and Blaze, together. Each girl was kissing a guy.

"Sorry to interrupt," I say with a smirk. "But I gotta get to my apartment... so if you wouldn't mind, Jacy?"

Jacy waves her hand, and their guys (a vamp and a 'wolf) only see blackness, like if the door is shut. I wave, type in the code to open the door, and enter the hallway. The door automatically shuts and locks behind me.

I walk until I encounter the hallways.

The one to my right leads to my apartment, forward leads to my office/ Nightfall, and the one to my left is a smaller guest apartment/ game room/ craft room- which lead to my picture rooms.

I take a right. Stifling another yawn, I knock twice.

Dylan answers, grinning. It's not very easy to not smile back at her, so I smile too.

I walk in and shut the door, to turn around, just in time to meet-