Chapter 19

Last Friday was the day my stupid accident occurred.

It was Monday.

All I can think about is Cameron and how badly I messed up.

After thinking about Cam, I think about my actual school. I've already skipped today, I can't miss much more.

How am I supposed to go back? Do I just not go back? What will the principal say? Has Cam got fired yet? Has the police been informed?

I don't know how serious they are taking it? I wonder if they think this was an illegal relationship as in we were sleeping together? But either way it's illegal with your teacher right?

So many questions I needed to be answered before I go back to school.

I've still been staying at Laylah's house considering I can't go home. My parents don't even know about any of this, I've just been having "fun sleepovers".

They don't know I've missed two days of school, either. My teachers/ principal will be probably be telling them when I get back to school I guess?

I walk downstairs and take an Advil for my headache and go in the bathroom.

I swallow the pill and stare into my teary red eyes.

I looked horrible. Not just on the outside. This whole situation has been tearing me apart.

I looked so, broken.

Not because he was just my boyfriend, but because I could get in legal trouble, I may have ruined my education at that school, and don't even start with what my parents will think.

I wondered if being with Cameron was the best or most fucked up thing that happened to me.

***

I woke up the next morning to my phone ringing.

"Hello?" My morning voice says.

"Hi sweetie! I'm on my way to pick you up from Marie's house, I want to take you to school today instead of making her do it again."

I lied about who's house i was staying at as well, she would never let me hang out with Laylah again.

I can't let her pick me up.

I jump up quickly. It's 7:46. I wasn't planning on going to school today so I wasn't ready.

"Um no mom it's fine actually! I'm already walking to school with Marie."

Lie after lie after lie after lie.

I have to sacrifice my legs and walk otherwise I'm getting caught that I was skipping.

"Oh okay! But I have to give you something, you're kinda blowing my surprise here!" My mom says.

Great. "Okay great mom I'll text you when I get there than you can meet me in front of the school." I say pulling up my pants and rushing downstairs.

I run out the door yelling bye to Laylah and that I had to go to school.

"Okay bye have fun at hell!" Is all I hear as I'm running out of the street towards my school.

I didn't even care how I looked today, I'm already so busy trying not to et caught through the many lies I'm in right now.

I finally arrive at school and that's when reality hits me.

What was I thinking? Telling my mom to come to my school? TO SCHOOL? Where all my teachers and witnesses of my kiss with Cam will be?

Amazing, another problem for me!

I pull out my phone to text my mom that I'm at school but I get one from her first.

"Haha don't really have a surprise for u! Was just making sure you get your butt to school :P Omw to work, luv u!" (I was trying to imitate a mom texting haha).

I take a deep breath and just silently thank that she wouldn't get to talk to any teachers or anything about Cameron, I'd like to live another day ya know.

***

I walk into the school and gulp loudly.

The dirty looks everywhere made me nervous.

But not as nervous as when I see my vice principal approaching me quickly.

"Tomorrow morning. My office. 8:00 sharp." Her squeaky voice says.

Shit.

I walk into first period feeling, and probably looking like a zombie, when I don't see Cam anywhere.

All I see is a sub. "Hello my name is Mr. Earling and I'll be your sub for the next couple days, or weeks."

I hoped Cameron was okay.

I zip up my hoodie and put the hood up and just prayed this day would go by quick.

_________

Hey guys!

Sorry it takes me so long to update, I've been sooo busy.

Anyways hope you are enjoying the story :)