Chapter 3

I wake up and immediately think about Cameron. He's been on my mind a lot lately.

The only reason we're talking with each other is because of how we already were getting feelings for each other before he was my teacher.

Sometimes I wonder if it was better if I never chose to eat pizza with him that one time at the arcade.

***

"Boo!" Marie, my best friend scares me.

"Dammit!" I yell with lots of anger but start laughing as soon as I see that it's her.

I close my locker. "Hey girl! Why weren't you here yesterday?" I giggle.

"I slept in so I told my mom that school actually starts today."

"And what are you going to tell people when they ask why you weren't here for the first day?" I ask.

"I'll say none of your damn business!"

We both laugh as the bell rings for 1st period.

"So how was yesterday?" Marie asks but all I can think about is 1st period. Cameron.

"Mr. Dallas!" I accidentally say out loud.

"Um what about him?" Marie asks.

"Mr. Mr. Dallas. Um I have him for 1st period."

"Okay? That must be a pretty fun class." Marie says laughing as she separates going a different way for her 1st period.

Yeah . Fun.

How about I just stop thinking about him and just focus on the schoolwork?

Yeah. Schoolwork. That I will turn in to Cameron. No, not Cameron. Mr. Dallas.

I shake my head getting frustrated because all my thoughts lead to him.

I step into the classroom and go right into my seat.

"Alright class take a seat. We are going to prepare and get the school year started."

I look up at him and we make eye contact.

He smiles, looking like he can't help it. I smile looking down, he's just so cute.

"I uh yeah so take out your notebook please. If you don't have one then please have one by tomorrow."

The whole class just wrote down what to expect and did a beginning of the year test full of stuff we haven't learned yet.

The bell rings as I take a while to pack up so I can be the last person in the class.

"Alyssa." He says as I approach his desk.

He puts his hand on top of mine as I quickly move my hand away.

I close my eyes. "Sorry. I didn't mean to pull away, I'm just, not used to this stuff yet." I say nervously.

"No, no. It's fine. I'm just so attracted to you that I can't help it." He smiles.

He has such a beautiful smile.

I smile back and he breaks the silence.

"Let me take you out. Please Alyssa. At the arcade, can we just start fresh and I'll show you I'm still the same Cameron I was. I want to get to know you better and hopefully start a relationship."

I take a second to reply. "Okay." is all I can say.

This might be a good idea. A fresh start.

I smile gently.

Authors note:

Sorry it's been a while since I updated. Next week is my last week of school soo I've been a little busy finishing up stuff.

But thanks for reading and hope you like this chapter! :)