Chapter 14

Alyssa's POV:

I walked into school with a smile on my face.

Cameron is doing so much better.

I haven't been able to visit much for obvious reasons.

But I'm so grateful and just happy that he's okay.

I notice many people looking at me.

I get nervous and just start walking faster.

I go up to Marie as she's talking to a group of girls, they're all have their backs turned to me so I can't tell who.

"Hey Marie!" I approach them then see who she's talking to.

It's the "popular" group. I don't like them of course.

"What do you want?" One of the girls says.

"This is my best friend." I slightly laugh. "I should be asking you what do you want, and what are you doing here?"

"Excuse me?" She takes a step closer.

I squint my eyes while saying "you heard me." I laugh at her.

That's when Marie stepped in saying, "Hey maybe you can just leave, we were talking."

Still looking at the other girl, I say "yeah, bye." Thinking she was talking to her.

"No, Alyssa, I mean you should maybe leave."

I turn to her shocked, and just turn and walk away.

***

I'm going to go visit Cameron. I don't care anymore, he's the only person I want right now and I will see him.

I begin exiting school as I feel a hand on my shoulder.

I turn around saying "what?" frustratingly, I'm just in a bad mood.

"Woah calm down." It's Marie.

"How could you tell me to leave? I thought you would be talking to her."

"Well it's just because of the" Marie starts then quiets down. "Because of the stuff going around."

"What stuff?" Oh no.

"Somebody saw your name written down on the visitor list as Alyssa Dallas for Mr. Dallas. So people are finding out about you guys."

I'm about to begin crying so I just walk over to my car and get in.

"Wait. But while we're talking about this, I just want to get something off my chest." She says.

"Go ahead, today can't get much worse." I huff.

"Look. I'm all for supporting you and all that, but this whole "dating teacher" thing is getting crazy. Out of all the guys in our school you chose a teacher? But okay that's not my point. I don't want to hang around you if word gets out."

She gets cut off when that same girl from earlier runs up saying "Marie! Let's go, we're gonna be late to the movie!"

"Whatever, have fun with your new friends." I say and drive off.

***

I run into Cameron's I hospital room as he says "Babe!"

I approach the hospital bed and just hug him.

"I'm so happy you're okay." I say still in his arms.

"I'm so happy to see you." He says.

I pull the chair up real close to him.

He pulls me in and kisses me.

I missed him so much and I just need him.

"I'm doing so much better, the doctors are so surprised at how well I'm doing."

"I'm so happy to hear that babe." I smile wiping a couple tears.

"Why did it take so long for you to visit me?" He makes an adorable pouty face.

I laugh a little. "I tried but I got in trouble for ditching school to come visit you, and your family was here a lot."

"Oh okay, I figured something like that."

I hug and kiss him again. "I've missed you so much."

***

Marie's POV:

I'm in the car with Jessica and her friend Kelly going to the movies.
(Jessica is the mean girl.)

Jessica and I have been getting so much closer while all Alyssa has been doing is focusing on our teacher.

I shake my head just at the thoughts. She's so crazy.

I feel bad for not being her friend anymore, but I just can't do it anymore.

We are near the hospital that Mr. Dallas is staying at, the movie is near here.

She's probably visiting him right now.

As I thought we were just passing by, Jessica says, "I'll be right back, gotta do something."

She laughs as we park in the hospital.

Oh no.

Jessica and Kelly are laughing and head into the hospital.

Jessica's POV:

"Yup, Alyssa is visiting Mr. Dallas right now." I say looking at the visiting list.

We go up to Mr. Dallas' floor and Kelly asks a bunch of random questions as I look for his room number.

"Ah." I say quietly and smile as I find his room.

I take out my phone and get ready for them to kiss so I can take a picture and show the whole school.

I quietly laugh as they pull out of a hug and kiss again.

"Got it!" I say quietly but maybe a little to loudly.

I walk away quickly and grab Kelly.

"Let's go, quick."

We hop into the car smiling like crazy.

"Look what we got." I show Marie my phone still smiling.