Five: Stories

7344000 seconds

"Point out your foot

"Point out your foot." Steve instructed. I swung around and hit the bag my foot pointed this time. "Good do you feel that?"

I nod and smile. "It's been 5 days captain. Still anticipating on this news for me." I continue to practice glancing every now and then at him.

"I just

"I just... I need a favor from you." He sighs and throw a another punch as the bag struggles to stay hung.

"I got that much."

"How much do you know about The Winter Soldier?"

"Everything-" I say hesitantly.

He stops beating the bag and turns to me. "Everything?"

"Sam, he needed help sniffing out the past and I told him I would do the history research if he kept me up to date on your well being." I confess. He stops and frowns. "You aren't the same since D.C. and I was worried that he took something away again. The team was worried Steve and I needed to make sure that you could get it back again."

"I'm fine-"

"You're not!" I erupt and kick the bag back causing the chain to break. "You've lost a lot of people in your life. I can feel it. And you're so tired Steve, I just its distracting. Although it's admirable the way you fight for the people you could, and could've saved I just needed to know you could fight for something more. You could fight for him."

"You found him for me didn't you. You wanted Sam to take the credit?"

"I did."

"Why couldn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't want you to think that I was protecting you." I smile fondly and reach out my hand to him. "You're so stubborn."

"I need to help him now." He blurts out.

"What?"

"I figured you could give him back some memories. Or at least help him." Steve's eyes plead with mine and he rocks back and far on his feet waiting for my response. "He can't sleep and he's lost-"

"Stop-"

"Wait y/n."

"Someone's here." I hold my hand up and I can feel the color spread throughout my eyes."

"Are you sure the captain is here?" They walk down the familiar hall of the facility

"The tip was from here. Heard he's meeting with an asset." Another man one alongside him looking as nasty as the other, both clad in dark suspicious clothing. A bruise on this ones cheek."

"How many exits are there Steve?"

"Is she valuable?"

"Just as valuable as him." The first man replies. "She's unstoppable." He smirks and pulls out a gun. "But we can stop her. Shoot her right in the eye." He orders.

"Why exactly."

"It's her weakness. Hydra always finds the weakness in people."

"There's one 2 floors away."

"No that's not good enough." I reply. "Two Hydra agents coming towards us." I grab his arm as I locate my way through the building invading minds. "Two corridors down. Right above a trash chute."

"Y/n, why can't we just take them down."

"One of them... He's a mutant and my powers directly repel his." I reply.

"Alright let's go." I return my vision and see Steve crouching in front of me and I boost up on his back. "Just watch over us alright?"

"I will." I pay his head and smile. "Oh and the favor?"

"Yeah?"

"I'll do it."
...

122400 minutes

"Bucky." Sam sighs and pushes the sandwich closer to the soldier. "You have to eat."

The soldier scoffs and pushes it back avoiding Sam's sigh. "Where's Steve?"

"He's meeting with a friend." Sam replies. "And I'm not saying anymore until you eat."

"The taste is bland."

"C'mon Buck, this is my famous turkey sandwich. Taught to me by the special Y/N Y/L/N."

Bucky doesn't know why but his ears perk up at the name and he turns his head slightly interested, hesitantly also pulling the dish closer to him. "Y/n?"

"You'd like her Buck." Sam says admiringly. "Always the big sister. Not the sensible one. But the type to force you into doing all of her chores." He chuckles and watches as Bucky takes a bite. He notices the change in his eyes.

"Tell me a story Sam." Bucky says.