Only Seconds Left 9

"H-He lives in Los Vegas, that's where we are isn't it?"

"Yes, we'll leave and I'll let you stop at a store and pick up some new clothes, the demons venom is probably all over the clothes that were in your closet."

"What about Steel?" I ask as Alec hands me a backpack that has some essential things in it that we'll need.

"Selena will give you a box of dog treats that will make him shrink back into his original size until we come back."

"Okay, let's go."

He opens the doors and we carefully tiptoe towards the entrance, Selena comes up behind me and puts something in my backpack, then she whispers to me.

"The pills for Steel are in the back zipper."

"Thanks Selena, be safe."

Alec comes up ahead of me and opens the entrance doors and lets Steel and I go out first, then he exits. 

"Come, this way."

He takes my hand and leads me towards the garage, staggeringly I try to keep up with his pace but it's no use. Once we reach the garage, he unlocks a black Nissan Rouge and opens a door for Steel and I. Finally I get buckled up, Alec hops in and starts the engine. 

"Here." Alec says ad he hands me a GPS

"What do you want me to do with it?" I stagger to say 

"Type your dad's address in it silly." he says with a smirk 

"Oh, right. Alec? What's going to happen to Jessie, and Selena? Should't they be coming with us too?" asking hesitantly

"They'll stay there to kill it, and then figure out how it got in. But for now, I have to keep you safe."

I lay back in the seat and stare out of the window. Was this going to be my new life? Did I have a choice whether I wanted this or not? Was I supposed to hide for the rest of my life while they find my mom? Slowly as I close my eyes I imagine my mom being here with me........

"Sky? Sky wake us we're here."

Alec's shaking my arm, and has one hand wrapped around my shoulders.

"O-Okay."

Slowly I get out of the car and walk to the front door and knock on it.

"Hello?" says a raspy voice

The man opens the door,  thankfully it's my dad. His face becomes white and full of shock, then all of that disappears in a smile.

"Sky!"

He takes one step out of the door and bear hugs me.

"Hey dad, it's nice to see you."

"Sky honey are you okay? I hear about your mom I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do?"

Alec steps forwards and changes the subject.

"Hello Mr. Leon I'm Alec."

"Nice to meet you Mr. Alec. And you are?" asks dad while shaking Alec's hand

Before Alec could say another word I interrupted them.

"He's my boyfriend dad. I told him that I was coming down to visit you, well...surprise you. And I thought it would be a good idea if you finally met him."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Alec. So uhh, how did you kids meet?"

"Well I was out with Abby shopping, as she usually does. But she spilled her drink and I went to grab some paper towels to clean it up and I was somewhat speed walking a little to fast and I slipped and almost fell off of the balcony when Alec can up and pulled on my purse causing me to jerk backwards and I fell into his arms. I thanked him for saving my life over and over again, so I promised him I'd make it up to him, so the next day we went out for lunch together and got to know each other, and well it just happened I guess."