Chapter 24 - Rules

Start from the beginning

"Correct, Mr. Stark," Jarvis continued. "There is a young female, about the age of the flying one, out of your line of vision. I can detect her body heat. Shall I scan for a better image?"

"Why not?" Iron Man said. "Let's see her."

I felt the suit send out a wave of some form of radiation and pass through me. I shivered slightly, and crawled away from the ever-nearing team of superheroes.

"Well, she appears to have a unique set of skills, not unlike that of Spider-Man's, and-"

"Wait," Stark interrupted. "Spider-who?"

"Have you forgotten? He's our youngest team member, sir, who you often refer to as 'Spidey.' He has the qualities of a spider, such as shooting webs, climbing walls, supersen-"

"Oh, yeah, right." He said. "So now we have a Mr. and Mrs. running around. Wonderful, Jarvis. Is she dangerous?"

I wanted to web that suit right over here and show him exactly how dangerous I could be. Rule number two: Never underestimate Spyder. Ever.

"Well, she may or may not be, but she appears to have heard you, sir."

Tony cursed semi-quietly. "That's just great. Not one, but two freaks we need to deal with. What next, a new Ultron?"

"Tony," Jarvis said patiently. "Ultron is gone forever. You should focus on the task at hand. We should take out the pink one first. Then, save the 'old geezer.' The female Spider-Man may be of use to the Avengers team. Should I contact the others?"

"What the heck? Go ahead," Tony muttered, still flying, but about twenty feet away now.

Suddenly, I heard Jarvis' voice echo through at least four other places, all alarmingly close. "Save the female tied up, then take down the flying pink one. Knock out the white one, but do not harm her. Widow, you, Thor, and Cap are to take care of the pink female. Bruce and P-... Spider-Man, untie and bring down the older one. Barton, knock out the white one. Tony will analyze and record the subjects while in combat. Go."

I started hyperventilating. Barton was Hawkeye, the man really good with a bow. I called him the Man-Katniss, but that was irrevelant right now.

What was I supposed to do, dodge all those razor-sharp arrows? I don't think so.

Still nervous, I scanned for the rest of the Avengers quickly, reaching out with all of my senses.

Black Widow, aka Agent Romanoff, was jumping roofs, eyes focused solely on Marceline. Captain America was sneaking up from behind, his shield at the ready. Thor, the god with the hammer, was standing on the above rooftop, swinging his hammer towards an unsuspecting villainess and murderer.

I growled, losing focus. She killed Uncle Ben, one of the three people closest to my heart. I really wanted to throttle her.

Realizing my mistake, I quickly tuned back in. Bruce Banner and Spider-Man were stealthily creeping out from the door that led to below and towards Aunt Mae.

Tony slowed until he reached a complete stop, hovering over us all. If I remained absolutely still, I could feel tiny vibrations coming off in waves; scanning our constant behavior, and possibly our vitals.

Last but not least, Barton. I concentrated, but couldn't find him anywhere. Where could the Man-Katniss be?

Suddenly, that very someone dropped from above, suspended from a grappling arrow.

"Hey, honey," He said gently, preparing to shoot. "I'm really sorry about this, but it's Stanky's orders. I'll go easy."

I froze, too stunned to move. I couldn't breathe, couldn't think. Couldn't react.

He released the rather thin arrow, almost like a needle. I saw it flying, slow-motion, towards my throat. I felt it pierce my skin, injecting a liquid into my blood.

Snapping back, I inhaled sharply and jerked the needle out of my neck. I threw it down and watched it plummet to the pavement far, far below.

Beeelow.

My body was going numb. I was loosing my grip on the building. I fought the paralysis with all my might, but this was some A-grade stuff.

Above me somewhere, I barely heard a thud as what I presumed to be Marceline crumpling to the roof.

"A thousand curses," I heard someone mutter. Yep, definitely Marcy.

The last thing I felt after a short fall was strong arms grasping me, cradling my limp, helpless, and utterly miserable form.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<·<Pepper_B_Parker*Alias:_Spyder*Position:_S.H.I.E.L.D._agent>·>

This chapter, I swear... Let's just say I had a heck of a time writing it.