Chapter 1- So, This Place Is Nice.

Start from the beginning

"Miss Adler isn't home." Kate stated and I could tell she had immediately calmed down from our initial arrival.

Tired. Aggravated. Formal- Posh. Fiery.

Were some of the little things I deduced about her personality, dress and how she was feeling. But with my own tiredness creeping up on me, I couldn't get much.

"Well, I shall wait in there for her return." Moriarty countered, he wanted to wait, must have been important. He gestured towards the first room on the right wall and I wondered what was behind the door, he must have been here before and knew it wasn't a broom cupboard or something.

Kate went to speak to stop him but Moriarty spoke over her, "And you, Kate, will tend to Miss Byrne's wound while I wait." Before Kate could argue and refuse, Moriarty had opened the door he gestured to previously and entered.

I managed to get a quick glance at the room itself and smiled, living room. So he had been here before.

"Follow me." Kate demanded, although not like Moriarty did, softly but the posh tone to her voice gave her that sternness.

With one fleeting glance at the locked front door, I grumbled under my breath and wandered after her as she headed for the door at the end of the corridor.

It was the kitchen. A very modern kitchen, open plan with a dining room on one side and the kitchen area on the other. An island in the centre of the kitchen area and a workbench across the middle, that separated the kitchen and dining room.

"Take a seat." She demanded and I looked around at the chairs at the dining table, the stools at the island and the ones up by the middle workbench.

I shrugged over at her as she reached into a high cupboard and glanced back at me, "Up on the island, I need to be able to reach your cheek."

"Right." I nodded and wandered over to the bright white worktop, running a hand over the cleanliness before hopping up to sit there.

When Kate walked over, she looked at me with disgust and I smiled awkwardly. Nervously, my legs were swinging and my boots occasionally hit the cupboards below.

I realised that's probably one of the main reason why she was glaring at me and stopped, tucking my hands underneath my thighs. "Sorry." I said softly and grimaced.

Kate just sighed and dropped the first aid kit, she had in her hands, onto the worktop next to me and opened it up. "How did you get that then?" She asked, forcefully trying to make conversation while she took out the things she needed.

"Well, I was kidnapped so... probably at some point then." I answered, honestly, not needing to hide anything from her as my situations seemed rather obvious.

She approached my face with a bit of cotton wool and I flinched when she got close, "I need to help you." She sighed and put the wool to my face.

It stung and I jerked back, "Why?" I asked in response to her previous statement, I glared at her as best as I could with my face contorted into one of pain.

Kate grabbed hold of my chin and pulled me close, putting the wool back on my face and I winced. "Because, otherwise he'll-"

"Kill you." I said through the pain as she continued to dab at my cheek.

"Yeah." She said softly and looked solemn briefly before turning away to the first aid kit again.

Her head shot up as the front door unlocked and opened, "Kate?" An elegant voice resonated throughout the hall and into the kitchen.