Facsimile

Prologue

“Emily Burne,” the girl repeated, staring intently at the gigantic screen on the wall as hundreds of images passed before her eyes in seconds.

 “Yes,” the man paced behind her, pleased. “You are no longer A-463, you are Emily Burne.” He paused for a moment as he spun on his heel to the side of her chair. “Now tell me, what happened to you at age ten on July twenty-fourth that is significant to you?”

 The girl rose from her chair and stood as if she was a trained solider in the army, stiffly standing at attention. “I went biking with my older brother, Dave, and dislocated my shoulder.” Still showing no emotion, she pointed to a small circular scar on her left arm, just below the shoulder. She remembered when they had to laser the mark onto her arm as well as the freckles to match who she now was.

 Again the man nodded in approval. “Now, in exactly forty six minutes and nineteen seconds you will be released on the edge of town and will walk straight to the police station.”

 She blinked and he simply nodded. “Go to your chamber and tell A-464 to come here.”

 Without another word, she turned and walked out, her back still erect and head held high. “Remember your stride!” He barked and she immediately shifted her weight from hip to hip as she walked and relaxed her spine.

 As she reached her chamber she slowly slid open the door to see A-464 sitting on his bed and staring as his newly tanned skin. “You are to report to the information chamber two.”

 He blinked once at her before nodding and walking out without a word. She felt her hair, originally a thin blonde color that was now a thick dark brown.

 She neatly lay down on her bed, folding her hands on her stomach and staring at the ceiling. In thirty-nine minutes and fifty four seconds she would be off on her mission. Quietly, she began to go over the three main things she was told to always remember. “I am Emily Burne, daughter of Amelia and Stephen Burne. I am fifteen years old. My birthday is March twenty-first. I am Emily Burne, daughter of Amelia and Stephen Burne. I am fifteen years old. My birthday is March twenty-first...”

~Hey there! :) All I had time to write today was the beginning of this new story. I think it's going to turn out pretty well so please comment/vote to tell me if I should continue or not! 

~Also! Some people asked if it was a spy story... IT'S NOT! xD Haha, just so that's clear it is NOT a spy story!

~Any guesses on who these kids are and what's going on? If you do, please tell me in a comment, I'd love to hear what you guys get out of the little information I've given you so far! xD