Chapter 27 (Mizuki's Route)

Mizuki's PV

"Hey, Mizuki. Go and look for Hoshi. She has not yet returned." The fox said.

I would never do what he says but I'm worried about Hoshi, right now. So I just nodded and went outside. I looked everywhere for her but couldn't find her, so I decided to call for her.

"Hoshi! Hoshi!" I shouted as I flew with my snake through the town.

Hoshi's PV

I don't know how, but I got kind of lost. How can I get lost?! I went so often into the town and returned to the shrine without problems. But I don't even know where I am right now! I hoped for someone to find me. Maybe I'm near the shrine but I'm just to stupid to find it, because it is really dark outside. I sighed heavily.

"Luckily it can't get worse." I mumbled.

Well, I thought so, before a loud thunder echoed through the silent night and it started to rain. I ran towards a tree in the park to hide from the rain but as I arrived, I was already soaked.

"I curse you, Narukami!" I shouted.

After that, a lightning struck into the ground next to me.

"Kyaaa! I'm sorry!" I apologized.

I sat down on the ground and waited for the rain to stop. The sound of the rain felt soothing, so I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

Mizuki's PV

This stupid fox will kick me out of the shrine if I don't return with Hoshi. Where the heck is she?! She didn't get lost, right? Suddenly it started to storm, so I decided to land and search for her on the ground. I opened my umbrella and started to look for her. Luckily, Akaya told me to take an umbrella with me.

After a while I finally spotted Hoshi sitting under a tree. I ran up to her and realized that she was asleep. As I wanted to wake her up, I noticed that she was cold, so I decided to warm her up.

Hoshi's PV

After a while I woke up, but couldn't move. As I opened my eyes I saw Mizuki clinging onto me. I tried to get away from him but he didn't let go.

"Hey, Mizuki." I said and poked his cheek.

He didn't react so I continued to poke his cheek. Every time I did he hugged me even tighter.

"Mizuki!" I said angrily.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Let go of me!"

"Stop poking my cheek and I will let go of you. Maybe." He said with a grin, his eyes still closed.

I stopped to poke his cheek and waited for him to let go of me. But instead of letting me go he held me even closer.

"Hey, you told me that you'll let go of me when I stop poking you." I complained.

"I said maybe. And by the way you own me something."

"What are you talking about?"

"This damn fox threw me out of the shrine because of you. And I was worried, because I thought you would leave me and never come back. And-"

"Idiot." I said.

"What?" Mizuki looked up at me.

"You're an idiot for thinking that I would leave you! I already promised you, that I will never leave you, didn't I? Do you really think, that I would ever break a promise like this? If yes, then you're really stupid." I mumbled and glared at him.

Mizuki looked at me with big round eyes and smiled. Suddenly he pushed me onto the ground and looked down at me. I looked back at him. It kind of felt like a déjà vu.

"If you say that you'll never leave me, no matter what happens, then we can stay together forever, right? We can get married right?"

I looked at him without saying anything. He scares me, right now. It's like the first we met. I don't know why, but it feels like Mizuki always changes his character from sweet to scary, after I told him, that I won't leave him. I wonder if he does that on purpose. If yes, I think you could call that deceitful. Well, everyone says that snakes are deceitful or cunning, then Mizuki wouldn't be an exception, right?

"Hoshi?" Mizuki looked worried and let go of me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Why are you crying?"

"What? I'm not crying."

I said and sat up. I touched my cheek and noticed that was really crying. Why am I crying?

"It's my fault isn't it? I never wanted to make you cry. I'm so sorry. I won't act like this again, I promise." He said, his expression filled with regret.

"It's okay." I mumbled and tried to wipe my tears away.

Mizuki placed one of his hands on my cheek and used the sleeve of his kimono to wipe my tears away. After my tears were finally wiped away, Mizuki grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him.

"You still own me something." He said with a sweet smile and drew closer with his face.

I looked away desperately and noticed that the rain has stopped. I jumped on my feet and looked down at Mizuki.

"The rain has finally stopped. We should go back to the shrine." I said and walked away.

Mizuki didn't say anything and went after me. I could feel his disappointment.

A/N

I don't know if this is better than Kurama's route or not. But I know that I'm really bad with romance stories.

By the way, the next upload will be chapter 28. And I still need good ideas for this chapter. If I don't get any ideas it will take longer to upload the next chapter. So if you have any ideas, please send me a message. I would be really happy for your help.

(Sorry if there are too much grammer- and spelling mistakes in my chapters)