[1.6]

I was up in my tree, just thinking about what happened earlier. I'm still pissed off at him, not as much as I was when we were at the cell. Maybe I was a little too harsh on him? What do I know? He's used to having people being harsh with him.

But I never saw his eyes glossy before I yelled at him. Like he said, he cares about me–I'm not sure about it now. Just seeing him like that makes me feel terrible for what I did. I rest my head in my arms to clear out my thoughts. Maybe I should go and apologise to him? It was his fault for getting us arrested.

I haven't seen him the whole week at school and I'm starting to get worried about it. I had a strong urge to go to his house and apologise to him about my outburst back at the cell. My mum and siblings were out so I left mum a note, just in case I'm not back before they are.

I head over to the Hemmings' property and knocked on the front door. I patiently wait until someone opens the door, which turns out to be his mum.

She looked really surprised to see me, the last time she saw me was back when they first moved here."Why hello Ashton, what are you over here for sweetie?" she greets with a smile.

"I was wondering if Luke was over?"I kindly ask her.

"Um, no. I don't know where that boy is at anymore. He always runs off, knowing that he's going to get in trouble in the end." she replies.

"Oh, okay. I'll look for him if you want?"

"You don't have to do that," she interjects." he wasn't too happy earlier. I honestly don't know what's wrong with him anymore." she sighs.

"Okay, thank you."I smile as she welcomed me and shut the door. That's weird I thought, if Luke isn't at his house, that means....he's at the old building!

He did say that he goes up there whenever he had a lot in mind. It's going to be a long walk, but I think it's worth it to see Luke.

Luckily I had enough change to hitch a ride on the city bus. That saved a lot of my energy, plus it was a lot quicker than it would've been if I walk.

I walk down the alley until I came upon the rusted ladder. I take a deep breath before climbing up on that thing, still not used of the vibration underneath my feet. I peek over the roof and saw his figure sitting near to the front, his legs pulled up to his chest and arms wrap around the bottom of his thighs. He was just staring out in the distance, not disturbed by his surroundings.

The breeze blew by as I got up on the roof, I scan around the area and it looks a lot cleaner than I thought it would. Last time I was up here, it was dark so I couldn't look around.

I look over to the right, there was an open chest, which I now know it's there to hold blankets and a pillow or two. He was sitting on a blanket, staring peacefully at the view of the city.

I was hesitant at first before sitting down to join him. I went to do what he was doing, the silence between us and the only noise there were the cars on the highway and the oceanic wind blowing towards us.

"I wanted to apologise—"

"You shouldn't be the only that needs to apologise." he cut me off."I'm sorry if I was a little cocky about not getting caught by the police last weekend. I should've told you about me in jail, mum bailed me out before I moved. You have all the rights to be mad at me, and I'm mad at myself as well." he explains while staring at the city before us.

I went to sit in front of him so that I could apologise as well."I didn't mean to yell at you, I was just freaking out...maybe as well angry. I hate yelling at people, even when it's a person I care about."

He stares into my eyes before his eyes trail down to look at his knees."I'm used to having people yell, scream, scold me. But with you, that was my breaking point." he absentmindedly informs me.

"What do you mean?"I softly ask him, wanting him to continue on.

"I teared up okay? I cried! Yes, I fucking care about you Ashton, I never meant to hurt anyone I deeply care about. Just because I look all tough and badass on the outside, doesn't mean I don't care about anyone. There would be times when all I want is to be held by someone, but I don't have anyone. I've been through a lot of shit during the last few years of my life and I just want someone to be there for me." he exclaims as a few tears escape from his eyes. He didn't even bother to wipe them away.

This is the first time seeing him like this, I was almost uncertain about what to do. All he needed was to be held by someone he cared. I went ahead to hug him from behind and went to lay down; let him be the little spoon.

"I don't deserve this at all."

"Luke, stop being so negative with yourself. You still have people that care about you, like your family, me, your friends."I tell him.

"I just feel so shitty though, I never realised until you yelled at me."

"Fuck what I told you, it was just another freak out I did. You don't need to be bothered by it."

"I know...." he sighs."Can you keep holding me like this?"

I murmur a yes as I was happy being his big spoon; even though it was a little weird since I'm smaller than him. Who cares? I'm just obliging what he wants, and I deeply care about him.

After a while, we fell asleep like this.

I woke up with a fly buzzing by my ear as I open my eyes to see the sun setting on the horizon. I guess my awaking woke him up as well since I saw him stretch.

"Did we fall asleep up here?"

"Yes, we did,"I answer.

"I'd say we get something to eat," he smiles as he sat up.

"I think I have to start heading back. I didn't exactly tell my mum where I was since I didn't plan on taking a nap up here."I tell him.

"Just simply tell her you were hanging with me," he shrugs.

"Fine, what are we going to eat at?" I ask.

"Whatever we feel like eating,"

"Are you going to pay?"

"Nah, the place I want to go knows me and mum forever now. We practically get a free meal."

We went ahead to go get something to eat. The waitress places the two of us in a booth as I start picking something to eat.
Another waitress walk up to us, she had orange curly hair, dark brown eyes, those red cat glasses that were popular in the fifties, and the woman looks about in her early forties.

"Why, look who we have here. Luke Hemmings and a boy." the waitress smile at him."Long time no seen,"

"Hey, Josie! This is Ashton, we started dating a month ago."Luke smile at the waitress as he introduced me to her.

"Aw, he's a cutie! I'm so glad you two are dating, what can I get you two to drink?"Josie ask.

I blush since I'm not used to having a random stranger call me a 'cutie'. I order water as he ordered a pop to drink.

I admit I'm having such a great time with Luke, and the fact the food is free or whatever. I'm kind of getting used to Luke stealing and being 'bad', but I love his good side as well. He shows that side to me and I feel special.

See what I did there with the waitress name? ;----) any blink fan?