Chapter 4

I made sure he went to work before I came out of her room. I slipped on a pair of jeans and pulled a sweater over my head. I quickly dressed Taeguk for the weather and headed out. I soon found myself at the cafe I worked at. I got out of the car and unbuckled Taeguk from her car seat. I walked inside the cafe and saw a familiar face.

"Oh! Hyejin!" Jinyoung smiled.

"Jinyoung unnie!" I smiled.

She came out of and gave me a tight one-sided hug, not squishing Taeguk in the process.

"Aigoo, is this your daughter?" she asked, stroking Taeguk's soft face.

"Yeah, her name is Taeguk," I smiled.

"Aigoo, Taeguk, so cute. Can I hold her?" she asked.

I nodded and handed her over to Jinyoung. I watched as Jinyoung played with her and talked to her. She was really good with kids. I ordered a coffee and sat down at a table. There was a magazine on the table so I started flipping through it. I came to a page where it talked about Taehyung's dad's company.

"Potential project by Kim Taehyung will take about 2 years to complete." The headline read. I closed the magazine and pushed it aside. Two years. I sighed and shook my head.

"Is something troubling you, Hyejin?" Jinyoung asked, sitting down with Taeguk.

"No, no." I lied.

Jinyoung handed me Taeguk and noticed the magazine. She flipped it open and saw the article I saw.

"Your husband not home?" she asked.

"Well. He comes home but he doesn't help me take care of her. She needs a father too." I said, looking at Taeguk.

"He just wants what is best for the family, that's all." she sighed.

"I already had this conversation with him before. We've argued about it so many times. Last night he even made me doubt myself as a mom. I don't know what to do." I said, tears threatening to fall.

Jinyoung got up and grabbed my coffee and added some milk and sugar, just the way I liked it. She set it down in front of me and sat down again.

"I can babysit Taeguk for a day. You can go visit your husband at work and surprise him." she suggested.

"Why would I do that?" I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"It'll show him that you love him and support him. He wouldn't want an unsupportive wife now would he?" she replied.

I nodded and thought about it. It's true, these past few days, I haven't been really supporting him. I decided to go this afternoon. I used the rest of the morning to prepare him lunch. Since I was going to the office, I decided to make lunch for his dad too. I left Taeguk with Jinyoung and headed home to prepare.

After one hour, I left to his office building. I went up to the 25th floor and was greeted by a secretary.

"Hello, ma'am, how may I help you?" she asked.

"I'm here to see my husband, Kim Taehyung." I said.

"Ah, you may go inside. Walk straight and his office will be on the right." she smiled.

I bowed and walked down the hallway, peeking into every room that had their door open. I finally came to a door that had his name on it. I knocked on the door and he grunted. I opened it and peeked inside. He looked up and saw me. He had his round glasses on, his hair was messed up, and he had his suit jacket off. What was I thinking? I was here to show him I support him and love him, not think about how hot he looked in such formal clothes.

"Why are you here?" he grunted.

"I came by to give you lunch." I replied, setting the container on his desk.

"I already ate." he said, gesturing to the garbage can. There was a box inside his garbage can that had fried chicken in it. He focused back on his computer screen and cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry about what I said last night. I didn't mean to say it. I should've thought about what I was going to say first." I said.

"Yeah, sure you are. Look, I don't want to start arguing in my office so can you please go back home? Where's our daughter?" he asked, looking around me.

"I got Jinyoung to babysit her for today." I replied.

"You left her with that girl at the cafe? What if Seojun shows up there again? What if she burns Taeguk with hot coffee or water?" he shouted, standing up.

Before I could reply, there was a knock on the door. Taehyung's dad's head popped in.

"Oh! Appa! Annyeonghaseyo." I said, bowing.

"Oh, Hyejin. I was wondering who my son could be yelling at. How are you? What are you doing here?" he smiled.

"I'm doing well, thank you. I came by to drop off lunch for Taehyung and you. But Taehyung said he already ate. So I'll be on my way then." I replied, handing him the container.

"Kamsamida, I have always wanted to tasted my daughter-in-laws cooking." he smiled.

I smiled back and bowed, watching as he walked back into his office. I turned back around to face Taehyung and stared at him straight in the eyes.

"Never mention him ever again." I said.

I turned around and walked out of his office, heading down to the parking garage. I got into my car and drove off, back to the cafe.

"That was fast!" Jinyoung smiled, bouncing Taeguk up and down. Taeguk started to smile. This was the first time she smiled. I took her from Jinyoung's arms and bounced her as well, this time earning a smile and laugh from my baby. I laughed along with her and hugged her.

"Aigoo, who's the cutest baby?" I smiled.

"I'll send you the picture." Jinyoung smiled, showing me a picture she took of Taeguk and I smiling together.

I nodded and continued playing with her. I spent most of the day at the cafe. Thankfully, Jinyoung didn't ask me about Taehyung. I even forgot to mention the issue about his two year project, but that was for another day.

I headed back to our house and got Taeguk ready for bed. After putting her to sleep, I placed the container of food I made for Taehyung in the fridge and wrote a little note beside it, telling him to take it for lunch tomorrow. I showered and got ready for bed. As I climbed into bed, I heard the door open. I heard Taehyung sigh and throw his bag on the floor. He walked to the kitchen like usual and opened the fridge. I was hoping he saw the note. There was a moment of silence and a chuckle afterwards, probably because he read the note. This time, he didn't put anything in the microwave, he came straight up the stairs and went into Taeguk's room.

He was changing, wasn't he? But, again, he always seemed to change but he never actually did.

----------------------------------------------------

A/N

Here is another chapter! I hope this isn't too boring for you all :( I promise I will make it more interesting in the next chapters to come! Thanks for reading!

--A