chapter 14

I am 8 months. I have been really sore lately. I am half way through. Will said I could pop any minute. It is now spring. It is always chilly outside.

I woke up laying on my side. Severide was behind me with his head in my neck and his arm was over my stomach. It kinda hurt. I closed my eyes no saying anything. Cater came running in and climbed up in the bed. He laid infront of me. I sighed. Severide looked at him. Severide looked at him. Carter put his hands on my stomach. I smiled at him rubbing his back. He laid down on my arm.

" mommy when is brotha gonnwna come " he asked looking at me. Severide kissed the back of my head.

" soon baby soon " I said. He nodded. Severide put me on my back. He sat on my legs. I pulled my knees up. I was in yoga shorts with a tank top. I had one arm under Carter who's head was on my shoulder. The either hand was on Severides knee. He put his hand on my core pushing a little. I winced. He moved his hand up to my lower stomach and and pushed. Micheal moved which hurt.

" stop it daddy Michwal trying to slewp " Carter said. Severide smiled taking his hand off putting it ontop of mine.

" okay baby we will let Mikey sleep " Sev said. I nodded. I kissed carters head.

" come on we need to get up go get dressed baby " I said to Carter he nodded kissing our cheek before jumping off the bed running out. I smiled looking at Severide. I put his hands on my stomach. I smiled at him. He chuckled leaning down kissing me. I kissed him back putting my hands on his neck. He moved his hands down to my waist. I giggled pulling out letting his forehead rest to mine.

" I love you baby " he said. I nodded pecking his lips. I smiled.
" I love you to baby come in lets get dressed. " I said. He nodded helping me up. He rubbed my s omach I smiled pulling my shirt up. He got in his knees kissing stomach I smiled at him.

" hi Micheal " he said I giggled. He stood up. He walked to the closet grabbing my cloths in his. He grabbed me silk leggings and a blue blouse and a white tank top. I pecked his lips before getting dressed. I brushed my hair leaving it down. I did my makeup putting little on which was just eyeliner and mascara. Severide got dressed for work. He had work today. He pulled me into him. I laid my head on his shoulder closing my eyes. His arms were around my waist. He played with my shirt. My belly was touching his. I took my head off his shoulder kissing him. I put my hands on his hips. He smiled pulling out. We walked downstairs and Carter was sitting in his chair. Severide made him eggs and beacon. I only had eggs and fruit. I packed lunch for me. I pack a salad, fruit, crackers, chips and white choactlete balls. I put a ice pack in my lunch box to keep my fruit cold. I put on my moccasins on. After they were done eating there put there shoes in. Carter was wearing tan shorts with a red short sleeve shirt. He grabbed my hand.

" let's go get in the car buddy " Severide said. He nodded jumping into Severides arms. He is getting big. I walked down next to them after locking the door shutting everything off. I had my phone. I gave it to Carter to play with as we drove. I don't talk to my dad because he used to abuse me when I was younger. I never liked him and I still don't. I don't want him around Carter or Micheal. I lived with Herman when I was sixteen that's who got me to be a firefighter.

" baby don't think about him " Severide said I nodded putting my hand on his neck rubbing my thump on his neck.

" okay babe " I said. He nodded as he pulled in. We got out. Carter gave Severide the phone and ran to me. He gradded my hand. I smiled down at him. Severide grabbed the bag walking over kissing my head. I smiled at him.

" I don'ta get one " Carter gaso Severide kissed his head. Carter giggled. We walked inside and my worst nightmare was standing there with 51 infront of him. I grabbed onto Severide. I held his shirt tight in my hands.

" her....Herman he has to leave " I started. Sevride held the back if my shirt tight. He put Carter behind him. Carter he'd his pants.

" hi babygirl I came to say hi to you and Carter. " Kyle said. I shook my head head no. My heart was beating fast.

" n...o you need to..leave " I stuttered. He laughed that sick laugh. Boden grabbed his arm pushing him to a wall. Jay and Erin came running in when I felt Micheal drop. I double over in pain holding Severides shirt with one hand. My stomach with the either. Brett and Jimmy ran over.
" mommy " Carter yeled. Herman picked him up and gave him to Gabby. I started crying as my contractions got fast
Severide held me.

" what's happing " Severide asked. I was crying hard as they came faster. Jay and Erin cuffed Kyle.

" she's starting her contractions but there getting faster. We need to get her in the ambo now." Brett said. Severide nodded. Him and Jimmy came over. They rubbed my back. Carter was crying mommy and mama.

" okay let's get her in " Jimmy said. They picked me up. I held them in pain crying. I felt him drip more which hurt. Brett and Severide stayed back with me while jimmy rushed to the hosptial.

4 hours later I gave birth. Micheal was super premauter and had to go in a incubator. He is really small and ways 3 pounds 6 ounces. He is beautiful. We couldn't see him which bro my heart. Carter was laying in my bed. I was rubbing his back. He was calming down from the drama. Severide was rubbing my back.

" you did amazing baby I love you " Severide said. I nodded. I smiled at him kissing Cater's head letting him cuddle into my side.

" thank you babe you were great at helping " I said giggling. Carter feel asleep with his head in my chest. His arm over my now almost flat stomach. He kissed me smiling. I smiled into the kiss putting my hand on his neck. Herman and Boden came in with . They smiled at us 51. I really want to see Micheal.

" don't kiss we know we're that leads to " Herman said which made us mad and cater growled holding me tight. I smiled kissing his head wrapping arms around him. Today was a big and tough day.