chapter 8

I woke up to someone shaking me. I could hear the storm outside. I opened my eyes and looked. It was Severide. He was dressed for work. He kissed my head. Carter took his spot. I laid on my back.

" I am gonna head to work. Stop by okay baby " he whispered. I nodded. I pecked his lips. His hand was on my stomach.

" okay i will be safe. Tell the boys to keep the badges off the wall " I whispered. He nodded and pecked my lips before walking out. I laid back down. I fell back to sleep.

I woke up to someone playing with my hair. I smiled and opened my eyes. Carter giggled. I chuckled and tickled him. He stopped playing with hair and fell onto his back. I chuckled. It stopped storming and was sunny outside. He laughed and tried to push my hands away.

" you wanna go see uncle Jay before we go see daddy " I said. He nodded. I chuckled. I got up leaving him laying in my bed. He pulled the blanket closer to him. I put on black leggings. I put on a white tank top. I put on a red and black flannel over it leaving it unbottoned and rolled the sleeves up to my elbows. I brushed my hair. I didnt do anything with it. I put on mascara and eyeliner. I put on my black moccasins. Carter at up. I walked over and picked him up. He twriled my hair in his fingers as we walked downstairs.

" your pretty mama " he said I smiled and looked at him. I walked into his room and sat him in his bed kissing his head.

" thank you monkey. Let's get you dressed " I said. He nodded and jumped up. He got a pair of black jeans and a red shirt. I put them on him. I put his socks on. He ran out. I smiled see at how happy my monkey is. I shut his light off and walked out. He was in the kitchen sitting in his chair.

" what do you want for breakfast " I asked. He smiled and went to the fridge. He opened it. He grabbed eggs. I chuckled and grabbed it from him.

" anything else monkey " he asked he nodded and grabbed the fruit. I put the eggs on the counter along with the fruit. He then closed the fridge and looked at me.

" then toast " he said. I chuckled he laughed. I sat him on the counter next to the stove. He grabbed the fruit. I opened it for him. It was mixed fruit. I grabbed one and feed it to him. He chuckled and feed me one.

" lets make these eggs " I said. He nodded. I grabbed the eggs and a bowl and fork. I cracked eggs and put them in the bowl then mixed them. I cut up some veggies and put them in there he ohhhhed. He loves his eggs like this. I put them in the pan. I made enough for both of us. I grabbed the bread putting 2 pieces in the toaster. He played with my hair as I made the eggs. I grabbed to plates. I put the mixed fruit on both plates. I put the eggs on the plate when they were done and shut the burner off moved the pain to a different burner. I put his plate in the table with mine and picked him up putting him in his chair.

" want some ketchup " I said. He smiled at me and nodded. Eating some of his fruit swigging his legs and holding the chair. I went to the fridge and got the ketchup buttering the toast. I put a piece on his plate and one on mine. I put some ketchup on his eggs. I kissed his head and put it back. I sat and started to eat with him. He finished first. I smiled at him. Once I finished my eggs I put our plates in the sink. I picked him Carter. He wrapped his legs around my side since he was on my side. He laid his head on my shoulder. I grabbed his Sneakers. Before putting his Sneakers off I put him in shorts because it was a little hit outside. I put his Sneakers on. I put my Colombia sweatshirt on that was a tan color. I grabbed my phone and car keys and put Carter on my side and walked outside. He laid his head on my shoulder. I shut the door and locked it. I walked down to the car opening the back door putting him in his buster. Buckled him in giving him my phone. I kissed his head ruffling his hair. I closed his door getting into the driver's seat and started the car. I buckled up and pulled out. Carter laughed at his game. I smiled and drove to intelligence.
Once I got there I pulled up to the curb. I shut the car off unbuckling. I got out. Shutting my door opening carters door. I took my phone closing out of the game and locking it. I put it in my hand with my keys. I unbuckled him. Holding his hand. I shut the door. I kneeled down to his level.

" stay by me till we get upstairs okay monkey " I said. He nodded kissing my cheek. I walked up the stairs Carter holding onto my leg. I walked in and up the stairs before opening the either door I smiled at Platt. Carter held my leg tighter. I pointed upstairs. She smiled. I walked up to the gate. She buzzed me in. We walked up the stairs. When we got up there Carter ran to Halstead. I smiled at him. I hugged Aliven, Ruzec, Aaron, Atwater, Antionio and finally Hank. I walked over to Jay hugging him. He kissed my head.

" hey sister goes it going " he asked. I smiled and picked up Carter he laid his head on my shoulder.

" good we just wanted to stop by and say hi before going to 51 " I said. He nodded. Hank came over his hands behind his back. He smiled at Carter.

" here ya go buddy. Be good for mama " he said. He handed Carter a soccer ball. Carter claped and took it out of hanks hands. I kissed his head.

" thank you mama can we go see daddy S know " he said. I smiled and nodded. We said bye to everyone leaving to 51.