XV

When Dan arrived in the lounge he was greeted by Phil tackling him with a hug and kissing his cheek.

"Hey Phil," he said, smiling.

"Hey," Phil said, beaming at him. "Where do you want to go to eat?"

"Oh, you haven't already decided?"

"Well," Phil said with a sheepish smile, "I was thinking the restaurant opposite the hotel, but when I tried to book a table they refused, so our best option is the restaurant here..." He trailed off, looking unsure.

"That sounds good," Dan told him, reassuringly.

"Oh. Really?"

"Yeah, I've heard they do really good food here."

"But it's nowhere special..." Phil trailed off uncertainly.

"Doesn't need to be. Now come on!"

Dan took Phil's hand and pulled him into the restaurant. "Table for two, please," he told the waitress, who had immediately walked up to them with a questioning look on her face.

She nodded and led them through an archway to a small table in the corner, right next to a window. They thanked her and sat down.

By the time their meals had arrived they were totally relaxed - laughing and joking with one another like nothing had ever happened. Phil was slightly overexcited, which was probably why he chose that moment to lean over to Dan and whisper "I've got a secret to tell you."

Dan looked up from his lasagne, a questioning look on his face.

"I killed a man."

"Philip."

"Not really."

"What is it then?"

"You know how I told you I'd never heard of your channel?"
Dan nodded.

"That was a lie."

"Really?" Dan asked, expecting a joke.

"Yeah. I've been watching your videos since almost the beginning. I was your seventeenth subscriber, you know."

Dan would've laughed at the serious way Phil said this, but he was too surprised.

"Really? I mean, seriously?"

"You're pretty good, you know," Phil said with a grin. "One of my friends recommended you right at the start and I thought you were amazing."

"Now I feel really bad for having never heard of you." Dan hung his head, but there was a smile on his face.

"Ah, it's fine. These disasters happen."

Dan mock-punched his arm, laughing. "Shut up!"

Phil grabbed the hand Dan had used to punch him, and kissed it. "I don't mind really, y'know."

Dan smiled back at him and held Phil's hand against his face. Their eyes met for a second and Dan's breath caught. Phil's eyes sparkled and he tilted his head to the side. "You're beautiful."

The corners of Dan's mouth twitched. "People don't usually say that about me"

"I make a point of saying things I mean."

Dan's eyebrows raised and he smiled. "You're not so bad yourself."

They continued talking (and flirting) as they ate. When they'd finished their desserts, Phil suggested they go up to his room. Dan raised one eyebrow and Phil blushed.

"I didn't mean it like that!"

"Doesn't matter if you did," Dan said, a smile playing around his lips. Phil took his hand and they wove around the tables back into the lounge.

"You didn't answer my question, anyway. My room?"

"Ok," Dan said. "It's pretty late, anyway."

"Your point is?"

Dan looked over at him, but didn't answer. "Never mind."

Phil chose not to comment. "Shall we go?"

Dan nodded and they stepped into the lift. Phil wound his arms around Dan's waist and Dan wove his fingers into Phil's hair. They smiled at each other and Dan kissed the top of Phil's head. In return, Phil twisted around and kissed Dan hard on the mouth.

They would probably have continued along these lines, but they were interrupted by the ping of the lift doors opening. Phil sighed and unwound himself from Dan, taking his hand.

"Come on Daniel," he said, pulling him gently out of the lift and down the hall to his room. He fished the keys out of his pocket and unlocked the door, feeling Dan's arms snake around his waist and pull him closer.

Dan kissed Phil's neck, just under his ear, and smirked at the sharp intake of breath that followed. Phil wove his arms around Dan's neck.

"Phil?" Dan whispered.

"Yes?"

Dan bit his lip. As much as he wanted to tell Phil he loved him, he knew it was possibly slightly too early for that, so he settled with sliding his hands under Phil's t-shirt and stroking the soft skin of his back. "Nothing."

"Dan, what is it?" Phil asked again. "You keep being secretive - why won't you just tell me what you're talking about?"

"I-"

The sound of a door opening startled them both. An elderly woman stood frozen in the hallway, two doors down from them, eyes fixed on the two males wound round one another in the hallway. "Excuse me?"

"Let's go inside," Phil whispered to Dan, pushing the door open with his foot. Dan followed, glancing back at the woman.

"Disgraceful behaviour, simply dis-"

The door slammed and they were left alone in Phil's room, surrounded by silence and dirty clothes.